PDA

View Full Version : TipTops - Top Picks

akaduxau
05-02-2016,
Welcome to Stockaholics and my Top PIcks thread. This may be a temporary thread as we wait for the Hotstockmarket data base to be sent over.

I am basically a swing trader and have long term holds as well. When the opportunity presents itself I will play some of the same stocks in my long position. In this choppy market I also buy in tiers to get the best price. My hold time on a swing trade lately has been from a couple days to a week or so.

My most profitable swing trades this year have been:
ELP, BBD, WPX, MBT, and MPEL

ELP and BBD are Brazilian stocks so you need to keep a close eye on the government turmoil taking place over there as it does effect the stock movement.. I will try to explain more on that later.

Feel free to post your own picks for discussion. . .

adufutuvorug
05-02-2016,
Hello there stanger!

amanyhibbum
05-04-2016,
I'm glad I found you Tip. I followed your lead and took profits on ELP and bought WPX. Looking to see what your next move is

AlexSomov
05-05-2016,
Welcome back tip. I ran with you back in the day and played LVS right along with you. Still the best trade I've ever had; by far. Good to see you again

Angewygom
05-06-2016,
Hey SJ and FastEddy and I am glad you took some profits on ELP, with the help of the market it may be time for a reload today. A 1st tier buy on ELP @7.92 would be a good starting point. With oil weak WPX is up a few cents and if goes at or near 7 a few chips off the table may be in order.

It's good to hear from you Trenticalx. Looking back we played F in 2009/2010, that was some fun times and I agree, LVS was the best!

Spec play AMD is up again possibly on more rumors. My calls have been starting to climb. My long LVLT was up this morning when the market was down, always a good sign. It has been my best long since LVS and MPEL in the glory days.