PDA

View Full Version : TN Gal needs some help

fihgiiqy30
01-15-2016,
So Ive been trading for close to a year now. Overall, ive done well. But im to the point i need some resource online or a real person that can offer guidance as my portfolio grows. Every thing that seems to have any legitimacy is highly criticized by everyone. So where can I go for this advice? I was comfortable in the beginning but as ive continued to invest and watched my portfolio grow I would like to have a solid source to bounce ideas off. Thanks for any support i get!!!

fxyeckkb43
01-17-2016,
What kind of trading are you wanting to learn about?
There are tons of resources available free on the interwebs. TDAmeritrade has tons of archived seminars, Tastytrade has a whole bunch of information. The list goes on but it would help if you have a particular area of interest.

Gloriakn
01-18-2016,
Hi, thank you for your reply and input. So my interest is individual stock/etf's. I've been investing for a couple of years. Bought/sold a lot. My primary holdings are aapl, fb, jack, lmt, ba, ihe, and Cost. And I feel like my problem is there is too much information out there. Some is good, some bad, but 99% are just trying to tell you something. I feel like I'm pulled in so many directions..... Everyone everywhere says best to do your own research. This may seem simple for ppl with decades of experience that started investing before the creation of all the "shark" websites that want your money. So my question is......Where do you do your research, you can't go break down the numbers from every public company. Who do you feel gives good advise when advising on good/bad investments?

gztgtbyp77
01-19-2016,
Investing advice is a multi billion dollar industry. Everybody pretty much knows where I stand on that....I do no think anyone knows anything...I would expect the rate of success/failure will fall right into the random distribution you would expect to see anywhere else in life only worse for fees and psychology.
Tastytrade/Dough is free and the seminars on Thinkorswim are free...enough to keep me busy hours a day for over a year so far and I'm still learning. Paying someone for advice cost X...learning for yourself is priceless.

hhpclxoh35
01-20-2016,
I read a post on here where some guy said he went of of some cramer-esque guys picks, and then had his kid randomely pick out a bunch of stocks, and his kids picks outperformed. So yeah, financial advisor/8-year old, tomato tomahto. Tastytrade makes a really good case for why people should manage their own money.