PDA

View Full Version : standalone program for charts and Level 2?

NelsonMaw
01-12-2016,
I just opened my first account and am using sogotrade. the charts are a joke unless I'm missing something but I think this is all they give me is a line chart with volume that takes 'at least 15 mins to update'. They're suposidly coming out with a new program but i'm not sure what will be included. They have an extensive program but you have to have 100K in account to get.

Any recommendations for a cheap standalone programs to get level 2, red and green candle sticks, draw support lines, and plug ins like moving averages Fibonacci etc etc?

MondieEi
01-13-2016,
I didn't think you wanted any of that stuff yet? All you're buying is QQQ and BABA for long-term right? None of that other crap matters then. I recommended cheap brokers because you didn't need that stuff, but if you really do, then Etrade or Ameritrade offers it in their platforms but the trades cost just a tad more. Pay for what you get. I just thought you wanted simple, although I did say you could upgrade to better broker when you're ready. It's not like you'll be day-trading yet.

nzoayvth48
01-15-2016,
I might have thrown it in there that I might do a day trade I can't resist here and there. It's also to sort of paper trade by watching 1-15 min chart and Level 2. But someone suggested http://www.freestockcharts.com/has all the bells and whistles too.

And when it IPOs Friday, I'm going all in on BABA, no QQQ for now, and more than the $1,600 or something I said I was starting with, I have faith in BABA.

OJhcFCirfd
01-16-2016,
Hello Trakwu222. I have to say: I am very concerned when you say you are going "all in on BABA." Please don't do that. I'm begging you. It's a great way to lose a LOT of money, and I would hate to see that. Look at the facebook IPO. People went all in on that, and (assuming they held on) it took of them over a year just to get back to break even. Please be very, very careful. I am not trying to be bossy or tell you what to do, honestly; I say this because I care. Trading IPOs is not for the faint of heart, or (dare I say it?) for people who've never traded before.
Just my opinion. Be careful, please.

Pamelaten
01-18-2016,
Ah he doesn't care man. Its going to be a learning experience for him no matter what. Who knows, maybe he holds for 10 years and it goes up to $600 like Google did, who knows, who knows.....