PDA

View Full Version : IG

Lhgrlem
01-12-2016,
IG is a global leader in online trading, providing fast and flexible access to over 10,000 financial markets – including shares, indices, forex, commodities and binaries.
Established in 1974 as the world’s first financial spread betting firm, its aim is to become the default choice for active traders globally. It is already an award-winning multi-platform trading company, the world’s No.1 provider of CFDs* and a global leader in forex, and will be launching its new execution-only stockbroking service in late 2014.
It is a member of the FTSE 250, with offices across Europe, Africa, Asia-Pacific and the US, where it offers limited risk derivatives contracts via the Nadex brand.
*Based on revenue excluding FX, published financial statements, August 2013.

LurleneEwa
01-13-2016,
Latest updates on Ig, Ig group, Ig Index, former Ig Markets. A lot has come out in the media over the recent decision by ,the Swiss National Bank on January 15, 2015 to remove it's cap on its exchange rate. When the cap was unexpectedly removed, the franc appreciated by 30 per cent in an instant against the euro. IG did nothing for over 10 minutes and stopped all accounts from trading. FXCM, a US-based foreign exchange broker, published detailed data on the action that it took on the day. The statement says that it “executed approximately 200 million in total volume before 4:30:56 in the 1.17 to 1.20 range” — the clients say that amount executed within the first minute is larger than the total amount that IG executed in the next 45 minutes. The broker executed their remaining orders at €1.05, €13 cents higher than IG. . IG gave the worst fill possible to all clients. I think these links are very important as they tell the story that the worlds media is finally starting to catch on to these alleged "Bucket shops" CFD Providers. They use there false and misleading advertisements to fool people and pretend the Over the counter products to be something they are not (Shares listed on stock markets or this case forex). They are guilty in my opinion, but now read these links and I will let you be your own judge.

LorenaGrec
01-14-2016,
I was registering to IG a while ago, so many "good" advertising in some social communities and my wish to have at least one CFD Broker which I could use beside Futures and Options I do with other brokers. After Marketindex was closed IG should be a replacement, at least I hoped so
In the end I transferred money there but still testing out the plattform, trying to adjust the UI and get a pragmatic workflow with their application. Of course one shouldn't compare the UI with standalone applications but I was shocked how simple and not adjustable most things were. Most paid and free sites I know are way more flexible and usable. Not to forget the history of data, sometimes way to short (just a few days or even not this) to get an overview. But maybe trading within two or better three timeframes I shouldn't expect. If that would the only thing, great but it was one of many things keeping me away from really using the platform for daily trading. It was quite irritating that so many people I knew in one forum (not here) were using IG so intensively, actually people who knew what they were talking about. Having used Marketindex (with the Oanda-Platform underneath) a long time and CMC and more the experience with IG was more than disappointing. Last but not least the market spread even during low volatility was partly on a shocking high level. Many times I asked myself why the hell should I pay that much knowing so many other brokers with usable UI and compelling costs?
Many times I tried again and again, so many people can't be wrong with their decision for IG but the platform is not for serious and daily work and trading is way to expensive.

MaryannPemy
01-15-2016,
Removed my funds & stopped dealing with them after they deliberately manipulated a binary trade to create losses for the majority of traders in that particular position.

Mcvecaz
01-16-2016,
To the OP I think you'll find IG don't trade in the USA due to American "gambling laws" Spread betting is gambling.

I have used IG on & off for some 25 years and never had a problem with them.

admin
01-17-2016,
I have had an IG account for a few years. I do not invest huge sums, which is perhaps why I have not suffered from the same issues listed in the reviews here. I have traded without being 'spiked out' and have made deposits and withdrawals without issue. I recently traded using their binary options exchanges (not the sprint markets) and found them an interesting alternative - though not profitable for me! For info, I generally trade stocks, and have positions open for a couple of weeks / months. So again, possibly as a 'longer term' trader, I am less likely to be impacted by some of the problems noted above.