PDA

View Full Version : Coldwater Creek

abuaboyisonib
01-05-2016,
:D After visiting ColdWater Creek Stores six times in a row and buying something each time, we decided to buy stock (CWTR) even tho the P/E is high. It has been climbing like crazy.
I know Cramer likes Chico's, but I've never bought anything in those stores and not as many shoppers there. So, went with my gut.
G

ahonepewafafo
01-06-2016,
I've never been to one of their stores, but the clothes in their catalogs are GORGEOUS! I should order something. :)

Chico's doesn't have any stores near us, either, and those clothing stores who don't have catalogs or good websites for shopping like Coldwater Creek does miss out on a lot of customers who live in more remote areas like I do and there are plenty of us around.

I'll have to check into it, thanks.

aezvuzfc47
01-06-2016,
re: CWTR

I found that two firms upgraded it to a buy in the past couple of weeks and at the beginning of July it was on the list of analysts' highest rated stocks. Since I'm not familiar with retail and what they've been reporting in profits, I couldn't say why this one is taking such a dip, today. But I do watch stocks that are similar to the ones I own, so I can tell what is happening in that particular sector. Maybe it is moving in sympathy with someone else's reported earnings, today?

ajzohrnd77
01-07-2016,
Ibd New America

Company was highlighted in IBD New America section. Very interesting article. I bought some after reading. End of 2004 had 114 stores, to open about 60 this year and have 400 to 500 in 4 to five years. They have beat estimates handsomely lately as well. When is next earnings coming out? This could be a good 2 to 3 year hold. Bought Target (TGT) about 1 1/2 years ago and have done well with that. I like new and upcoming retail shops.

admin
01-08-2016,
Seems like a well run company, but I think the price is a bit high right now. Personally, I'd stay away from it at this point. Cramer had this one in his Lightning Round the other day and he was bearish on it as well. Good luck on your trade.