PDA

View Full Version : Why buy more than one share in a stock?

Ltopltj
01-01-2016,
What`s the benefits of buying more than one share in a stock?

cheers

MaiaDavisGo
01-02-2016,
eriously? LOL The ONLY time I've heard of someone buying one share is back in the old days when Disney would send you a stock certificate suitable for hanging. People would buy them for their kids, frame them and hang them in their bedroom. __________________
Disclaimer: Any stocks I comment on are my opinion only. Play the stock market at your own risk!
FAVS: VRNG WHZ NOG BP
SMC - THE BEST STOCK MARKET FORUM
"A government big enough to give you everything you need, is big enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson
Expanding Government is America's Biggest Threat!

Marvinlew
01-02-2016,
The benefits are that you make money. Spending hours of research on a company and only buying one share will be very painful if the stock rises significantly.

MauriceDem
01-03-2016,
I think, it's a little bit risky to buy more than one share but if you want to go for more profit so this is a good option.

Michaeloa
01-04-2016,
Chances are you would never re-coup yor expenses buying 1 share, commission round trip ( in/out) averages 20 bucks. If your a buy n hold guy then consider a direct share plan that allows you to invest without comm fees. I have several good plans that I can invest as little as 25 bucks a month, all of mine pay nice divs and are locked in the drip plan.