PDA

View Full Version : Whats your arsenal? Tools/Accounts

ahiayosakqeq
11-18-2015,
To many of the hardened battle vets of the markets,

As I read all the posts, news articles, terms, brokerages, services, etc.... I would like to know your opinions on services.

Currently Use:
Brokerage:
AG Edwards Now Wachovia
Info/News
Yahoo market tracker
Stockcharts.com
stockhouse.com

Toying With:
Cake Financial
AlphaTrade

What I want:
Direct Bank Funds Transfer
Online Trading Of Pinks
No Min account balance
Reasonable/Predictable Commissions
Candle Stick Charts
News
Real Time Quotes

I used to have a online account but ditched it due to limiting me on transactions. Loved the low commissions, but i got a bad habit with the pink sheets. So I went over to AG Edwards so I could trade pinks, also a nice perk of the 3 days to pay too, commission is a little high, and lacks online functionality. Was going to go over other brokerages, but got disgusted with the constant we wanna transfer your portfolio over, and need X amount of dollars to open account. Not sure if there is a 1 stop shop for everything I am looking for. Just wanted to toss it out there, and see if anyone else has stumbled across something better.

adufutuvorug
11-18-2015,
Welcome to SMC Drozhenbane.

Hopefully other members will post their views for you. I'm still a relative newbie, but I like Zecco. They are pretty no-frills, but are updating/adding to their site. Really like their low fees. Not sure if their is a perfect or almost perfect broker out theree anywhere. Think it really depends on what specific thing you want from a broker. I have read other members posts here and it seems many actually use more than 1 broker - one that offers less expensive fees and another that offers more frills.

afoqafozurer
11-19-2015,
I hear good things about zecco, anyone that uses please fill me in. Can i make direct deposits from my checking account? If so is there a waiting period for 1st deposit? Also if the balance is below $2500 then all trades are $4.95 correct? Is there a inactivity fee, becuase my trading is very inconsistant, one month hundreds of trades, and another month very few. For pinks I would be happy with a no frill, just execute kinda brokerage. The commission are what kill my bottom line on pinks. I found a few brokerages that were nice, and offered what i wanted, but also chraged .003 on each share above 5,000. Now i know that isnt much, but sometimes i buy shares that are that low in price, so i would have to double up in order to even make a buck.

akigurulo
11-19-2015,
Quote:
Originally Posted by drozhenbane View Post
I hear good things about zecco, anyone that uses please fill me in. Can i make direct deposits from my checking account? If so is there a waiting period for 1st deposit? Also if the balance is below $2500 then all trades are $4.95 correct? Is there a inactivity fee, becuase my trading is very inconsistant, one month hundreds of trades, and another month very few. For pinks I would be happy with a no frill, just execute kinda brokerage. The commission are what kill my bottom line on pinks. I found a few brokerages that were nice, and offered what i wanted, but also chraged .003 on each share above 5,000. Now i know that isnt much, but sometimes i buy shares that are that low in price, so i would have to double up in order to even make a buck.
I think the best thing people can do is go directly to the site and read their info first hand. It's a bit tough to copy & paste all the answers here. Some links for you to check out:

Zecco's Free Business Model
Free Stock Trading for 10 Trades a Month & Cheap Online Trading Above 10 Trades ? The Zecco Offer
Free Stock Trading for 10 Trades a Month & Cheap Online Trading Above 10 Trades ? The Zecco Offer

There is so much info at Zecco to read and virtually every question you have can be answered by using their Search Bar at the top right corner of their webpages.

alexfigalev
11-20-2015,
I'm looking for one that I can fund straight out of my paycheck. My Fidelity Roth IRA I was able to set up to come out of my paycheck. I've got a Scottrade account but I don't want to fund it out of my checking account. The wife notices less if it comes out before it goes in the checking account... She thinks I set too much back already.