PDA

View Full Version : Post Your Chart Questions Here

adufutuvorug
11-17-2015,
The light will definitely come on, kuzami. Trust me. If you're willing to put in the time and effort, you'll look back at it just like Catfish did. One thing I will always recommend is looking back at charts. Look at ones you played and lost on, look at ones that you played and won on. Look through every chart that you can get your eyes on. Really look at how indicators, moving averages, support and resistance, etc had an effect on how the chart developed. When you first start, you're going to look right passed a lot of these very important things. Take the time to make sure you don't. The speed of looking at the charts will come. Soon enough, you'll see the whole picture with one glance. I used to spend a lot of time starring at charts of losing plays that I made. Not in anger, but seeing what I missed. It helped me a lot.

Albertgax
11-19-2015,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klipper22 View Post
The light will definitely come on, kuzami. Trust me. If you're willing to put in the time and effort, you'll look back at it just like Catfish did. One thing I will always recommend is looking back at charts. Look at ones you played and lost on, look at ones that you played and won on. Look through every chart that you can get your eyes on. Really look at how indicators, moving averages, support and resistance, etc had an effect on how the chart developed. When you first start, you're going to look right passed a lot of these very important things. Take the time to make sure you don't. The speed of looking at the charts will come. Soon enough, you'll see the whole picture with one glance. I used to spend a lot of time starring at charts of losing plays that I made. Not in anger, but seeing what I missed. It helped me a lot.
Thanks for the encouragement I've already started a journal of sorts, to keep track of my daily happenings in the stock market world. It's turning into a detailed account of what I do each day, which plays I made and why I made them so that I can go back later and see what worked and what didn't. I'll definitely add the charts to that as I go along and start figuring them out. Having a blast so far!

akigurulo
11-19-2015,
Quote:
Originally Posted by CATFISH View Post
lol charts about 5 or 6 years greencat around 30. most i learned i learned from greencat. take your time as i said all of a sudden things will click which anyone that you talk to will tell you the same. its like you are banging your head on the door and the sucker finnally opens
HA Ha I wasnt 13 when I started slick. And for all those wondering yes catfish had a very flat head. Looks just like a big heavy wooded oak DOOR..

Persistence will pay off and the light wil shine on you..

afoqafozurer
11-19-2015,
Someone take a look at this and tell me what you get from the chart. BUY or SELL???

I would like to hear why you think what you do.
Zek

Yesterday was the day I was poor, today was the day I became rich, and tomorrow is the day I am happy.

alexfigalev
11-20-2015,
Was wondering, is there any "best" timeframe to be looking at when trying to analyze the various charts? Do you use a certain scale (i.e., 1 day, 1 month, 1 year, etc.) when looking for specific things to tip you off about where a stock might be heading? Are there advantages/disadvantages for using the various scales?

I'm quite interested in figuring these charts out and just received my CD in the mail yesterday, but only had time to get through the introduction and a little bit beyond that. Sorry if the above questions are answered there I'm planning to give it a good watching before Monday rolls around!