PDA

View Full Version : November 2006 Trading Simulator contest - First Prize $100.00

ijidevusuce
11-02-2015,
I have set up another trading simulator for November - 1st prize is $100, 2nd and 3rd prizes are trading books.

If you already played in previous competitions, you already have an account and your can just continue trading, your portfolio will be set back to $100,000.

If you are new to the simulator, you can join at anytime up to November 23. You must use the same username as you use here. This thread will be used to discuss the game and post updates on the standings.

You start with $100,000 and you can trade stocks long or short. We are not trading options anymore, as they made the results swing wildly both ways. Whoever has the highest amount at the close of trading on October 31, 2006 wins.

The trading simulator/contest is open only to registered members of this forum. (Registering is free!)

groczzbq00
11-04-2015,
TonyM said: ↑
Short selling is not enabled according to the Investopedia....you owe me a few k :wink:
Short selling IS enabled - we have a "premium" account that I pay for. It is not the same setup as the free contests that they run.

hvpingoury9
11-04-2015,
Thierry Martin said: ↑
Short selling IS enabled - we have a "premium" account that I pay for. It is not the same setup as the free contests that they run.
Well I don't know what to tell you...that's the message I get, I tried it 3 times.

ierbmpap21
11-04-2015,
Here's a screen shot of the message box;

Invalid Trade: No Short Sales Sorry, no short selling is allowed in this group. In our simulator each game can be created with different characteristics. This game in particular does not allow short selling. If you wish to trade short, join another game that has this feature under the "groups" tab.

ewawaziyeqa
11-05-2015,
I'm about ready to say Uncle this month...it won't let me buy $99k worth of a stock...says I have insufficient funds....although it shows the $100k I started with and I haven't made a trade yet?