PDA

View Full Version : Got a question for you guys smarter than me.

atasofuzev
10-22-2015,
Just starting to get into the stock market and all the fun that goes along with it.

Making plenty of mistakes I'm sure but I am learning in the process.

This I'm hoping was not one of them, I bought into RAVI @.0001 in sept. Held it for about 2 weeks and sold after talking to a few people about it.

Now this week RAVI changes to RAEM, and RAEM is @.05 right now.
So my question is if I would have held onto it, would I have come out ahead or would I have lost because of the change?

*edit* A bit of info...
The Company announced a 1 for 4,000 reverse split effective October 8, 2007. The company's new trading symbol is now RAEM.

So a 1 for 4000 reverse split means for every 4000 shares I had, I now only have 1?

bqjklela26
10-22-2015,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malayko View Post
Just starting to get into the stock market and all the fun that goes along with it.

Making plenty of mistakes I'm sure but I am learning in the process.

This I'm hoping was not one of them, I bought into RAVI @.0001 in sept. Held it for about 2 weeks and sold after talking to a few people about it.

Now this week RAVI changes to RAEM, and RAEM is @.05 right now.
So my question is if I would have held onto it, would I have come out ahead or would I have lost because of the change?

*edit* A bit of info...
The Company announced a 1 for 4,000 reverse split effective October 8, 2007. The company's new trading symbol is now RAEM.

So a 1 for 4000 reverse split means for every 4000 shares I had, I now only have 1?
That's exactly what it means. Reverse splits normally take place with pinks. They will dilute the crap out of their stock to .0001 then R/S big time like RAEM did, then dilute the crap out of it again to .0001. That's why you shouldn't invest in pinks.
Now with that said, there can be some plays coming out of R/S because the company will put out PRs to pump up their stock price before they dilute. However, if you're new, I wouldn't worry bout that.

Also, when buying into stocks that are in the .000x range, or in a downtrend heading towards it, check on pinksheets.com to see if they've done any R/S in the past. History generally repeats itself.

BekasCMix
10-23-2015,
My post
07-11-2007, 08:52 AM
greencat
Administrator Join Date: Jun 2007

Re: Ravi

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They did a reverse split and then filed an S-8. S-8-=sell shares

Never ever buy Raven Moon. There only fucntion is to sell shares to the public. This is their MO.

There is never and I mean never a good reason to buy Raven Moon. Multiple repeat reverse split offender.

admin
09-29-2016,
Never ever buy Raven Moon. i agree this