PDA

View Full Version : Opening a new business account

AOi
09-26-2015,
I went yesterday to talk with a bank about opening a business checking account. While they were offering a "free for a year" incentive, this did not include checks. Business checks are outrageous.

Since funds are limited (ie. nonexistant) at present, should I just open up a personal account for now and keep my business funds seperate?

And while I'm on the subject, you would think that banks would be more eager to get your business. Gone are the days when they are the only game in town.

aowiukalu
09-26-2015,
Banks are often as full of red tape as city hall. The personality of a personal banker is often tied directly to your credit rating and risk and returns ratio. You're right, there are other places to do business, give them a chance at your business.

Anthonmr
09-27-2015,
I've decided to let my husband (a teacher) check out the local teachers credit union.

I've also decided to shop local banks and let them know I'm shopping around, maybe that will light a little fire under them.

aqueiluk
09-27-2015,
Like I said, they offered "free" checking for a year, but the checks ran $40 ish. That's just more than I'm wanting to waste at this time. Besides, my husband just opened a personal account and they bought his checks for him.

I want to find the place that begs to do business with me!

Hey, maybe I should open a credit union (one for self employed people).