PDA

View Full Version : I want to speculate in Obamacare

Aliciaet
08-10-2015,
My belief once congressmen return from the Christmas break and with the Nov14 election looming, Obamacare will be killed and not necessarily formally, but more with a new name at first...As 2014 goes on and the election nears, simply kicking this can down the road won't work

I do not want to engage here in the pros and cons of Obamacare, but a stock or two worth watching now if my hypothesis proves true
Again, this is for a pure speculation play though I do not want a trash stock or penny stock
I would not mind any suggestions for a good company waiting in left field

For example, this year I did a nice flip with Smith & Wesson when I felt people would go on a handgun buying frenzy

AlimypwDind
08-10-2015,
I have yet to find a young person that is willing to spend the money "for the rest of their life" on this when there is so much more to spend your money on. This in itself will fail this law.

allenbv18
08-10-2015,
I hate the entire concept of Obamacare, BUT I am trying my best to step back from my raw feeling in this speculation
I have set up and down alerts with "HIIQ"
Its Conference Call was interesting, as is its PEG ratio and Cash ($40.86M) to Debt (0)
The Yahoo Finance "Profile" of this company captures what is intriguing me: short term health insurance, which as I understand is legal for NOW under Obamacare if I want to self-insure -- This will be needed as politicians try to kick the can down the road enough to survive the Nov. 2014 election -- Should Congress unlikely do the right thing and clearly dump Obamacare once the politicos return from the holidays, I can sell and run
I think the giants such as United Health are too big to spec on

Alonsobem
08-12-2015,
Smaller hospitals in small markets in states the do not adopt the Medicaid expansion risk price pressures as reimbursements drop and they serve a large self-pay population. Should Obamacare be repealed these rural hospitals could see a rebound in operating performance. Not sure of any stocks that would allow you to speculate on such a niche but thought I'd share one observation.

You owe it to yourself to set aside 19 minutes to watch the following (pass it on):
http://youtu.be/jboTeS9Okak
-----------------------------------
Perspective:
http://frontpagemag.com/2012/dgreen...tm_campaign=446602d97a-Mailchimp_FrontPageMag
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2012/11/07/in_a_nation_of_children_santa_claus_wins

AmandaSa
08-12-2015,
I am studying "HIIQ"
When congress comes back in Jan, they will be running scared with the Nov 2014 elections looming
Short term (quickie insurance) seems attractive to me
Obama will keep rewriting the law, so our health mess will metastasize more and more
"Kludge Coding" will only make the current mess worse by trying to solve things with throwing more servers at it
Too, how do programers, even Google, Microsoft, or Amazon like coders, kludge something together with Obama constantly changing the law?

Hospital size is interesting, and I will keep this in mind
"HIIQ" according to Yahoo has one competitor in short term insurance
HIIQ has a nice PEG ratio

For this spec, I am trying to stay ahead of Obama changing the rules

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler -- Albert Einstein

Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse
will happen to you the rest of the day -- Mark Twain