PDA

View Full Version : We Are The Champions!!!

eewiwis
07-23-2015,
Just a note for those of you that voted. We took home the Area Title last night beating our biggest rival in a low scoring game 47-44. We now get to play @ home again Friday Feb. 13th in what some will call David vs. Goliath. We go into the game with a 21-8 record while they are 23-5

The team we play in the subregionals Friday night is from Huntsville and they have won our state championship the last 3 years and are once again ranked #1 this year with a 23-5 record. They are a private school who brings in players from everywhere and I do mean everywhere. Last year they had a center who was 7'1 from Africa. Their team this year features two D-1 prospects with their point already signing with Belmont so you can see what we face.

Here are a few snap shots from last nights Area Championship.

One of our loyal fans

After the game student celebration

Trophy presentation. My son is #14

My son. I'm not sure what that face is all about...lol

efefeekuur
07-25-2015,
YAY! Congrats!
"A government big enough to give you everything you need, is big enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson
Expanding Government is America's Biggest Threat!

eexaxzekauba
07-25-2015,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aufan 1983 View Post
They are a private school who brings in players from everywhere and I do mean everywhere. Last year they had a center who was 7'1 from Africa. Their team this year features two D-1 prospects with their point already signing with Belmont so you can see what we face.
So they're cheaters huh?!

Congrats to your son and his team. May the Force be with them Friday night and may Yoda put his light saber up those cheaters bums........

effiegj11
07-26-2015,
Quote:
Originally Posted by sg1efc View Post
So they're cheaters huh?!

Congrats to your son and his team. May the Force be with them Friday night and may Yoda put his light saber up those cheaters bums........
cheaters is one way of saying it. The school is called Madison Academy and it is a private school which gives them a little more wiggle room to bring in players.

One of their boosters met the 7'1 guy from Africa in Las Vegas at some type of event. They made all the arrangements for him to apply to be an exchange student. He lived with another booster and played ball at Madison Academy.
He then went on to sign with Indiana at the end of last season but has had some problems qualifying so look for him maybe next year.

We are going to give them all we have and let the chips fall where they may. I feel pretty confident that they will know they have been in a battle.

egenebubigasi
07-27-2015,
Aufan, Looks like they gave it their all, but sorry to see it ended in a loss for Vinemont. I see your son had double figures in scoring. Still a respectable finish to a great season.

AHSAA 3A NORTHWEST SUB-REGIONAL:

Madison Academy 62, Vinemont 52
At Eagle Gymnasium - Vinemont

HALFTIME: Madison Academy 29-17

VINEMONT (21-9): Tyler Creel 24, Tyler Speegle 10, Chris Fuller 9, J.J. Smith 5, Josh Wynenandt 4.

MADISON ACADEMY (26-5): Kerron Johnson 25, Jordan Matthews 15

Vinemont had it tough when point guard Tyler Creel left the game early to be treated for being hit in the head after a collision with a Madison Academy player that left him bleeding.
With him in the locker room for a couple of minutes, Madison Academy took advantage and sprinted to a 13-4 lead, extending the advantage to 29-10 in the second quarter before a 7-point run by the Eagles got them in striking distance, trailing by a dozen at the break.
Slowing down the No. 1 team in the 3A poll, the Eagles continued to make their move of a comeback bid. Creel hit a jumper in the lane with less than 4:00 to play and the Eagles trailed 49-48.
Vinemont had a chance to take the lead but missed an easy shot in the paint and Madison Academy ended the comeback with solid foul shooting down the stretch. For the fourth quarter, the Mustangs were 19 of 20 as Johnson, the point guard and leading scorer, hit 13 of 14 in the period including seven straight, showing determination to not have the season end in the Sub-Regional and having to play in a full house of Vinemont supporters that kept the gymnasium rocking.
The Eagles' nine game winning streak on the home floor ended as Vinemont was 11-2 in home games. Vinemont improved this season in wins with 21 and just missed getting to the round of 16 in the playoff format set up by the Alabama High School Athletic Associaition.
It marked the last game for seniors Creel, Speegle, Wynenandt, Fuller, Smith, Cory Meyer and Herbert Knott as they battled hard with the very athletic Madison Academy unit, especially after shooting just seven of 24 from the field in the game's first 16 minutes.