PDA

View Full Version : Is the GOP strategy one of losing?

bnelkdni49
07-19-2015,
A true conservative actually fits pretty well in the modern Democratic Party. The current Dem Party is more Fiscally Conservative than the Republicans have been for over 30 years. The Democratic candidates pretty much all have single marriages instead of a collection of divorces. The Dems believe in stewardship to the land and to the people, to keeping manufacturing in this country instead of moving it offshore.

IF the conservatives could quit assuming that their view of how to run their lives [and the lives of others] was superior to others, they would fit right in.

bnlnhpuy99
07-21-2015,
concrete said: ↑
A true conservative actually fits pretty well in the modern Democratic Party.
absolutely

if theyre blind and stupid

Is the GOP strategy one of losing?
i guess they could take the Al Franken approach to "winning" by cheating and litigation. F the vote count

bpfovlih29
07-22-2015,
freakscene said: ↑
absolutely

if theyre blind and stupid
Freak, you've got the Pelosi, Franken, Moore, and Mahrer's on one side and the Bush and Cheney crowd on the other end. That is why the Bell Curve almost never lies. It's always the yammerers on the ends that create the havoc.
Freak, which party has delivered balanced budgets and budget surpluses over the past twenty years? Bush inherited roughly $5.73 trillion national debt (mostly the result of Reagan and Bush I) and is leaving us with at least $11.7 trillion. That's over a 100% increase. In the absence of fiscal responsibility, fiscal conservatism has no meaning. Once you start spending money you don't have, who the hell cares any more?

Free the GOP
The Party Won't Win Back the Middle as Long As It's Hostage to Social Fundamentalists

By Christine Todd Whitman and Robert M. Bostock
Friday, November 14, 2008; Page A19

bobbyfd60
07-22-2015,
on its face:

A true conservative actually fits pretty well in the modern Democratic Party.
this may be one of the dumbest things I have ever read on a message board.

it may be one of the dumbest things I have ever read period. for that, you should be commended.

But more to your points:

Blaming Reagan, or any Executive, without even acknowledging that according to the Constitution, it is the Congress who spends the money, is rather..........hollow.

I expect nothing less than idiocy to be coming from Huffington or its readers - even if Whitman did write it. People like her need to get it over with and just become "democrats". Arlan Spector is another

But Please ask Huffington which party routinely decides in favor of raising the Debt ceiling.

Please ask Huffington who killed the attempt by Reagan and the Senate at trying to pass a Balanced Budget Amendment.

Please ask Huffington and the idiots who read it, if they have the short term memory to recall that it was Newt Gingrich and the Contract for America, that forced Bill Clinton into balancing the budget.

Please ask Huffington if they hold Clinton accountable for every year that the national debt increased under his stewardship.......which was every year he held office

I hold both parties responsible - and perhaps the American people for continuing to elect people like Barney Frank, who just recently said the Government shouldn't worry about deficit spending or increasing the debt right now. (Are Huffington readers even aware of this?)

Unlike Huffington and its readers, I am not a boot licker for one party.

cheers

boroVika
07-22-2015,
I would like to address this part of their idiocy.

On Nov. 4, the American people very clearly rejected the politics of demonization and division. It's long past time for the GOP to do the same.
the word "clearly" is entirely misleading, and as for demonization and division, its not like Obama's Saul Alinsky approach to winning didn't participate at both - all the way back to winning the nomination.

for an election that should have been a landslide, and wasn't, nothing was "clearly" rejected.

if the Obama victory was a measuring stick of the pinnacle of "democrats" abilities, only winning by a few percent is not exactly a mandate, or a hurdle not capable of over coming.

I'll end this post with again pointing out who exactly voted for Obama and how he won.

he was elected, by appealing to stupid people:

http://www.howobamagotelected.com/

bpcs9ucv
07-22-2015,
lol

didnt want to touch Ayers and HuffPo, eh? i guess i cant blame you.

i'll again try and teach you civics 101, that i believe most 6th graders learn if they pay attention.

according to the Constitution (which it appears Harry Reid doesnt even understand if you're paying attention to who decides who can not become a Senator) it is the Congress that controls the purse strings of our budgets that they send to the Executive to get signed.

A President on his own does not have that authority.

care to take a stab at which party had controlled congress most over those years?

Einstein

:top:

admin
07-23-2015,
I love your guys' avatars, funny stuff.

Re: thread title, I believe the GOP did the equivalent of punting from the goal line with their election candidates this year, with no intention of winning.