PDA

View Full Version : I do like the show, but . . . .

AnmilesMom
07-11-2015,
In Cramer's "Real Money" (don't be impressed by the idea I have read it, sort of, as I buy and read a ton of financial and investment books, probably like a lot of you guys) he says right from the get go that he's providing "the trading and investing secrets that enabled [him] to retire at an early age . . . ."

Well, I would like to ask Mr. Cramer what percentage of the "fortune" he has earned, enabling him to retire wealthy, has been from these techniques or secrets and what percentage has been from "thestreet.com," his, at least, two books, TV appearances, and investment advisory fees and commissions. I don't know.

I will say the show is very entertaining and, as others have observed, based on an articulated startegy about each stock and a general observation about market direction. As stated in another forum, I have a "CMM" portfolio and intend to take up some of his recomendations which I'll track until I crash and burn or am able to chuck my law practice and invest full time.

Annaea
07-12-2015,
Dave, I would like to hear at the end of your two weeks trial what you actually thought of the newsletter. My question to anyone who subscribes to it.....will this newsletter advise you of stocks he is going to suggest on his show before it appears. The <TEX> stock went up $3 the day that he was mentioning it and I assume it will go up more on Monday. So my thought is......was this stock mentioned in his newsletter on Friday and therefore drove the price up at that time.
I do not have before the bell service and it seems to me if you are going to make any money at this you need that edge of knowing what he is going to suggest that evening before the market closes or be able to do before the bell trading.
Has anyone subscribed to his newsletter and found the $399 to be pocket change in comparison to what you have eventually made from its tips?

AnnaDub
07-13-2015,
Carol, so far my opinion of the newsletter is somewhat mixed. There is good info on it, but is mostly opinions of various street watchers (which is still better than what I had before...one broker and the regular news outlets). The Before the Bell service hits my computer well after the bell, but I don't recall any of the hot stocks he mentions showing up in that particular newsletter. The Action Alerts are a little more positive. I have seen some stocks show up on the Action Alerts prior to him mentioning them on the show that night, but it doesn't happen too often. Kind of interesting how there is a flurry of after-hours trading on the stocks he mentions, and they usually pick up a good 10% before we get the chance to buy the next day. When that happens, I usually look at the company and decide if it's worth taking the chance they will come back down in a few days, or if they will continue to run up.

In any event, I'm going to keep them this year, and evaluate the two services towards the end of the period and decide whether to keep them an additional year or not.

The $500+ has already been recouped several times over in just the last few weeks.

Anthonmr
07-14-2015,
Thanks for the reply. I am going to watch just the program for a while and see how my portfolio does.....so far I can't complain it is up and the stocks that I have bought on his recommendation that have gone down he is still mentioning on his show and recommending them so I have hopes they will turn around. I don't want to chase a stock cause I know for sure as soon as I buy it it will head south. LOL would love to hear from you as you proceed with his newsletter recommendations.