PDA

View Full Version : Entry Timing w/ AH research (swing)

Street Authority
11-03-2014,
Hi folks,

If you're a profitable swing trader, I'd love to hear how you handle your next day entries after you've found trade candidates the night before. Obviously there's lots of scenarios that would prove easier or harder to get a good entry price (down market day, gap up, etc) but do you have any suggested methods? Do you just go by feel or set a max entry price? Maybe if stock didn't gap up buy at the open? Of course most trading books say not to trade before (insert time of day). My question pertains mostly to breakout candidates. I realize that I can set buy stops at the breakout price...but I'm mostly finding the hot charts the night of the initial breakout unless it's a pattern breakout (wedge, triangle, box, etc)

Thanks for your input

AbnormalReturns
11-03-2014,
One two chapters, I share my day-trading tactics on my $2.99 ebook on Amazon which I used to get right into a stock a few minutes after the market open. It's mostly dependent on what the price does around specific price levels from the previous trading day or days. The key is to look at the major charts like the weekly or daily if you prefer. For example, if you are looking charts on a weekend and you see on the weekly chart a doji then obviously you want Monday's open to remain above last week's close and open. If it goes below that then wait unless it's a short candidate.

I know you said swing trading but you enter into the trade the same as a day-trade--at least I did. Doing so gets you real close to a good stop placement thus giving you a nice risk/reward ratio.

I know, I know, I should just tell you here but there are lots of pictures and details. I'm too lazy to re-create it.