PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone. And a question about where to get started on trading stocks...

Street Authority
10-15-2014,
Hi All,

I have never traded before but always been interested in trying. I'm a website project manager and developer from London and am quite in tune with trends in the tech and science world.

I would like to start off very small to begin with, just to see what kind of percentages I can achieve by having a play, perhaps an initial investment of a few different stocks at 100 pounds each or so. I don't want to start on fantasy money or anything like that as I think the focus won't be there unless the money is real. As an example, I was thinking of putting in a little bit into Facebook as I hear they are launching a new mobile advertising platform.

So, can anyone recommend a good place to start buying and selling low volume shares online? I will be happy to accept any referrer links as long as the site is genuine and suitable for my needs.

Thanks!
Al.

AbnormalReturns
10-15-2014,
Hi Al,

FB is not a low volume share, it's highly liquid so if I were to recommend a broker you probably won't be able to trade FB since it will be a penny stock broker--or do you mean that you won't be making trades that much?

AbnormalReturns
10-15-2014,
Oops hit the enter button by accident... anyway, I completely agree that simulation trading is dangerous since you won't have to deal with the emotion and psychology (I talk about it all of that and brokers in my book) but I think it's a good start just to get the basics down first.

Anywho, let me know what you mean by trading low volume shares online. Are you talking about liquidity or frequency?