PDA

View Full Version : * Amazon Stocks?

SwingKong01
08-04-2014,
Amazon stocks are trading at $239 per share with P/E ratio of 291, so the dividend is only paying 0.34% return per year. That is a BAD return on your money on dividend. Why are too many people paying too much for Amazon shares when the return is very, very little? I would only invest in companies with P/E ratio from 10 to 30.

likesmoney01
08-04-2014,
Amazon stocks are trading at $239 per share with P/E ratio of 291, so the dividend is only paying 0.34% return per year. That is a BAD return on your money on dividend. Why are too many people paying too much for Amazon shares when the return is very, very little? I would only invest in companies with P/E ratio from 10 to 30.

SwingKong01
08-04-2014,
Amazon is a growth stock and has a huge barrier to entry for a competitor. For example, I recently entered into a partnership on a e-commerce business to sell new and refurbished closeout laptops and diamond jewelry over the internet. We set up our own site at http://store.aplusproductsintl.com and we are also selling our products on Amazon and Ebay. Guess which site is providing the most sales thus far ? Yes Amazon ! By a landslide. They really have the most loyal shoppers due to free 2 day shipping for prime customers. And they have the largest selection on earth as they say. As far as a stock price, yes very high PE and very expensive, but can the business be duplicated easily ? I doubt it.