PDA

View Full Version : Trading

JoshuaBrown
07-18-2014,
Hi..

I'm new to this forum and very new to trading in market.. Please help me out in clarifying my basic doubts and help out to get success in trading??

Is it better to invest in stocks or shares??
For this should i open a margin account or normal trading account??
if its for shares, which is better equity or commodity??

Thank you in advance

AbnormalReturns
07-18-2014,
#1 they are one in the same. You are buying "shares" (stock certificate) of the "stock" (underlying company)

#2 it depends on what you are going to do. If you are an investor then a cash account is all you will need. If you will be "trading" then that depends on the amount of capital you have. But most day traders use margin accounts.

#3 An equities are normally in reference to businesses (GOOG, AAPL, YHOO, etc.) Commodities are references for goods (metals, oil, natural gas, corn, etc.) Which market you want to play goes back to how you are going to play. Investor or trader as well as how familiar you are with each. While you can invest in commodities the inverting term for those are normally different then the equity market.

SwingKong01
07-18-2014,
Hey really thanks for the reply and for your advisable post.. Very kind of you.. But daily i get calls from online share trading companies to invest through their company.. Is it safe and will it help me earn money???