PDA

View Full Version : How to be accurate.

BlaineTarr
06-13-2014,
I have spent a lot of time trying to learn how to be right on whether the market will go up or down the next morning. It's not doing me any favors because of "premarket" trading. I find a stock that I assume will go up and during premarket, it's already gone up as if everyone else has already beat me to it.

My question is, is better to get in during trading hours? And I am having the hardest time grasping the concept of people being able to measure risk.

I see some traders that already know whether that stock will go up or down. Fabulous, I assume they figure it out during trading hours to get a good position.
What I don't understand is how someone is able to predict, okay this is a reversal, we're at X number, it will climb 10 cents from here. That's extremely precise, how do you base something like that?

Through the stock history, through an indicator, through volume, through the news?

likesmoney01
06-13-2014,
One word: Experience.

No one is accurate all the time, but do you know how to manage the trade?

What have you been 'trying to learn'?

Have you spent time drawing on charts and seeing how price reacts around at those levels?

SwingKong01
06-13-2014,
Experience? Wonderful. Nobody is accurate all the time - fine! But pay attention: all this very subjective concepts. What the experience means to Blane, to Kenpoleon, to whoever is different.
Shouldn't it be something more precise, objective out there? Something that not depends on our experience of something like 'I feel this price will go up'