PDA

View Full Version : How to Boost Your Returns With ONE Secret ETF Strategy

Pages : 1 [2]

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
I don't want this to be some conspiracy theory thread, I am just curious as to what other people's opinions are on this subject. I am no economic expert, just a 20 year old Construction Management major trying to make some money in the stocks, but I don't want to be left out in the cold if something catastrophic does happen.

I also don't know if this is the right place for this thread, so please move it wherever acceptable.

Here it goes:

Does anyone else realistically foresee a large scale global economic collapse?

Isn't there only so much debt all the nations can pile up before something catastrophic happens? The US is bad, with $13 trillion dollars in debt, but that is nothing compared to Europe's situation right now with $136 Trillion (US equivalent)... With so much debt across all nations on virtually all continents, how in hell are we supposed to make that up? We simply cannot... The only way numbers could return to semi-normality would be massive deflation across virtually all nations. The economy in Europe seems to be going down the toilet, and when that happens, I see that as just foreshadowing for what could happen here in the US.

I am thinking of it in terms of credit card debt almost. When people get in over their heads in CC debt, usually they just file for bankruptcy. When a government gets in over their head in debt, what comes next?

Again, I am certainly no expert. These are just some thoughts that have been running through my head when reading about the economy and watching the news, and I want to know what other people see in all these facts.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
"How to Boost Your Returns With ONE Secret ETF Strategy"

Free Webinar Recorded on Tuesday, December 3rd at 8:00 PM EST (New York Time)

In this free online class John Carter will share with you:

A Powerful Simple Strategy for Trading Options on ETFs
The SAFE Levels to Take Risk
The Very Best ETFs to use
Which ETFs You Have to Avoid Like the Plague
And much more...

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
There are 9 reasons why you SHOULD trade options on ETFs...and they're in this video...

9 Reasons to trade Options on ETFs

You'll learn from John Carter...

Why ETFs are his BEST Instrument for Options Trading
How he wires 34k from his Trading, to his Personal Account
Why ETF Options are untouchable by Market Makers
And a LOT more...

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Proof that 'account size doesn't matter' is often very hard to find. People say it doesn't matter...but can't prove it.

This video PROVES it

Legendary trader John Carter had a pretty good day recently... where he recorded live his 223k trading day! This was recorded in his REAL money accounts...

97k on Apple
93k on Google
104k on Priceline

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Just Released: 50 top movers in 2013

MarketClub.com has been in the business of trend following for decades, and they are happy to announce that you can take a look at Today's Top 50 Trending Stocks now...for free! This dynamic report is a list of market movers that can make a difference in your portfolio for 2013.

It costs you nothing, and it could be the game changer you have been looking for.

It's time you started trading like the smart money, get started today for free!

Just go here to access your list of top 50 trending stocks!

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
See how your picks stack up against other posters - join our weekly stock picking contest. Your win will be registered under your username and everyone will know about your stock picking talents.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
April 23, 2012 - Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG)

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Random Thoughts

The lack of follow through on Friday scores as a bummer. The indices remain set up as "Micro" First Thrusts down. The Rusty still has a Bowtie down. The indices are also beginning to take on a head & shoulders look to them. It's not the end of the world but it certainly is time to pull in your horns a bit.

As I've been saying, a few big up days would make all the difference in the world. Futures are getting clocked pre-market so it could be a little bumpy on the open. If we see the mother of all reversals from this, then we might have dodged a bullet. Anything less and we'll have to remain cautious.

Again, we remain in one-day-at-a-time mode. Therefore, the plan remains the same:

1)Honor your stops on existing positions just in case this turns into something bigger. 2)Be selective on new positions. Trade the best and leave the rest. 3)Wait for entries on new positions. Again, as I preach, this can often keep you out of new trouble. 4)Start thinking about firing off a short or two but keep #2 and #3 in mind.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Name: Screen shot 2012-04-22 at 11.44.46 PM.png Views: 56 Size: 68.9 KB

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Stock market finished slightly higher this past week as corporate earnings continued to outpace analysts' estimate. Although we are just two weeks into the earnings season, investors may turn back their focus into the economic fundamental ,where initial claims continued to exceed forecasts for 9 consecutive weeks, which are becoming a concern as the next employment data is approaching. While data remained weak on both jobs and housings front last week, the Treasury yield curve took a small step back into its initial rally point back in early March. Next week, the market will be focusing on the FOMC meeting and the first quarter GDP result, which will be a volatile week for the bond market.

Technical Highlights:
? Stocks are facing upward pressure from treasury yields as bonds continued to stay strong.
? The short term equity trend turned bearish as all three major indices failed to stay above their 50day moving average.
? RSMC rallied strong on both consumer staples and healthcare sectors, which indicates that money are flowing into the defensive stocks ahead of the next major trend start.
? Defensive stocks outperformed the market while all other sectors were holding small gains; Historical returns suggest that defensive stocks should continue to stay strong forward looking.
? While bonds are enjoying its low rates trading range, the short-term maturity bonds are suffering ahead of next week FOMC meeting.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Pretty good Friday. Could have traded LQMT a bit better, but still made 10% off it. Also made a few bucks on SQNM, while being pretty much flat on ZNGA consider a .05/sh loss on a 9.00 isn't much. I think ZNGA may see 8.00 again before bouncing, but I'll keep my eye on it, as it has potential. Still holding XOMA as a swing, and 100 big fat shares of COGO from last week. If it falls below 2.40 I'll probably just bail. Otherwise I'd like to see signs of a reversal then load the boat for a push back towards 3+. Here's the list for Monday:

AAMRQ AFFX AIMH BPZ BDSI CHTP CLNO CYTL DLGC EGLE GERN HERO IACH ICPA INSM LACO LMLP LQMT MILL OMVE OWW PCO PRKR RAD RSRS SEFE SGOC SINX SNPK SNWT SPRT SPU SQNM STS THQI TLB TWER UVFT VRML VVTV WG

This is a pretty big list as I see lots of potential going into the week. I'll post an in-depth watchlist for members later this evening explaining why some made the list and narrow down the actual trade idea.

Special Sub-Penny list coming later too. I'm thinking about creating a seperate Trading Room for those who wish to discuss sub-penny stocks that could go. We've found plenty of these that double, and usually a few every week, heck two weeks ago, we had a a sub-penny double every day from the time it was alerted, and yes their was enough volume to get in and out cleanly.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
This stock looks like could be setting up for a short. The chart finally broke its uptrend and fell below the 20 dma on heavy volume. I'm hoping it gaps down on Monday morning and would like it to continue lower on heavy volume. The 50 dma is right around 405 so it may bounce there. I bought some July 420 Puts on Friday at $1760, so if this breaks the 50 day ma I would be very happy. This stock has a lot of support, so who knows.

Also on the watch list: CHK. Stock is really beaten up and looks like it should still go lower. It has historical support around 16.75 or 17.00 area so it might be good to go long there depending on if it holds support. I'll be watching this one closely for possible buy next week for a short term pop.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
The current daily cycle is on day 12 and looks to be threatening to print a failed daily cycle.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Halftime Earnings Summary
First quarter corporate earnings were amazing as most companies reported better-than-expected results. About 19% of the S&P500 members published their numbers as of this Friday, 86% of which beat analysts' EPS consensus and 74% of the revenues numbers were on top of expectation. Even thought earnings seemed to be outstanding from the surprise stand point, growth rates were actually weaker relative to last year performances that the average EPS and revenues year-over-year growth went down from 54% to 12% and 10% to 6%, respectively, for the same group of companies. The growth distributions were obviously shifted leftward, which indicated economic slowdown. This might be one of the reasons that earnings reaction were somewhat negative biasing, from the technical perspective, that only 45% of these companies' share closed positive a day after the earnings' announcement. We will continue to see more earnings in this coming week, technology and industrials are the key market movers as these sectors will be reporting the most among the S&P member list.

read more at:
http://research.alpbeta.com/research/ER2012Q1H.pdf

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Long setup. Continuing its uptrend. The major resistance is at around 22.80. Bullish MACD cross

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
It has broken its downtrend on convincing volume.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
April 20, 2012 - Chesapeake Energy (YUM)

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
April 19, 2012 - Yum Brands (YUM)

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
Here's a weekly chart. Showing some potential. Might be a good swing next week.

Thierry Martin
08-11-2013,
There was a meeting at Verizon Wireless yesterday inwhich key directors discussed changes in software applications. It was announced that Verizon is planning to use Websafety inc's (WBSI) software for it's web filters and for secure payment processing. It is rumored to result in a possible buyout. Do you think it will? Should we invest in this company's stock or not? Will Verizon butcher this software or bennefit from it?

Link to more information-
http://tiny.cc/Verizon2buyWBSI