PDA

View Full Version : ETF's for a college fund?

adufutuvorug
12-25-2017,
Selection... I've been watching all the SPDR ETF's for a while now, they seem popular and easy to follow.. But I know there are more (a lot more), so where does SPDR rank on the list?

Stradegy... I don't have one yet, but I will... I'm not afraid to read, I do it every day... But if you have an ETF investment strategy that works for you, I'd love to hear it!

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

And thanks to everyone else for making this site what it is!... A place where even a dude like me can come to learn and ask dumb questions about having a future!

Afteltfause
12-30-2017,
I started a little college fund for my son last year... He just finished 5th grade, so I only have 7 years left to save (wish he would stop growing up!)

Looking at the cost of college and trade schools these days, I probably should have started saving about 10 years before he was born!.... But better late than never, and anything is better than nothing

So far, it's gone strait into a savings account, and I haven't touched it... I didn't trust myself enough to even think about investing it at first, but I think I have a fairly decent grasp on the investment world now

So what are my options?