PDA

View Full Version : Buying the company you work for

AbeMckeeve
12-18-2017,
So I just landed a new job.. Ive been waiting since mid December for the final word... Finally got the call this week, and tomorrow will be my first day!!!!

The company is Targa Resources.... Far as I've seen and heard, this is the top of the ladder in the trucking world!... Pay, benefits, bonuses, the whole nine yards!

So of course I had to check out their stock... Ticker is TRGP.... From the outside looking in, seems like a solid investment... The dividends alone (having grown quarterly over the past 4 years to 91 cents per share now) are almost attractive enough to over look the fact that they fall into the extremely volatile oil/gas sector (all be it, they are a midstream company in large part), or even the horrid P/E ratio........ And the ability to keep growing through acquisitions (like the most recent Permian move) while shelling out nice dividends (and even nicer wages) is even more attractive

ABeespackBags
12-19-2017,
When buying stock in a company you work for, you have to be very careful not to buy/sell any shares during restricted times. There are certain times you can not buy/sell because it is forbidden.