PDA

View Full Version : How can I learn how to invest?

Aliciablamn
12-11-2017,
Hello,
I would like to learn about how to invest in the stock market, right now I don't know almost anything..
I tried to read some recommended books like "How to make money in stocks" by William J. Oneil, and "The intelligent investor" by Benjamin Graham.
But the problem is I do not understand what I read at all, I guess these books are a little to advanced for me and I am lost and don't know where to start.

Alina94331
12-11-2017,
If you want to know how to open a brokerage account or about the different kinds of orders (market, limit, stop) you can learn a lot from Investopedia. If you want to know the basics of various fundamental investing and technical trading mechanics I've always thought the Forex Peace Army does a good job; just ignore the FOREX stuff if you are interested in stocks.

Alinlop
12-13-2017,
Everyone has their own style. As for me I don't go in for fundamental analyses at all, nada. I am convinced that all the fundamental data whether known by the public or the smart money, is condensed into the price action and therefore everything I need to know is on the chart. For me, having partial fundamental information, and news (someone's hidden agenda) is actually detrimental; I usually don't want to know; I don't want my chart reading to be biased by partial fundamental information or downright lies. The biggest participants in a particular stock have a team of fundamental analysts and they don't tell the public what they know. These people have access to insiders, they can control what news is released and when it is released. They time their stock market activities (manipulations) to coincide with the release of news. I simply attempt to follow their actions, which are evident on the chart.