PDA

View Full Version : Multi Screen Monitors

arogonoluhi
08-06-2017,
This is a non-stock question. Does any trader here us Multi Screen LCD monitors?

Before I plow some serious dough into a three or four screen system, I'd like to get people's comments: pros & cons as well as brand and prices.

Much appreciated

ArmenPa
08-07-2017,
I'm looking forward to getting one as my solo 22" widescreen can't hold all the windows open that I want =/

You don't have to spend money on high quality monitors that are designed for gaming/video because you will be just looking at text; find ones that are cheap with decent quality and get a sturdy mount. I'm looking to set up three widescreen monitors, possibly even for gaming : )

ArlenN6058
08-09-2017,
I've found some 3 screen and 4 screen mounts on Dell and Amazon but can't seem to get much information regarding what types of monitors I can mount and the amount of weight each can take.

I'm excited about the panoramic three screen mount.

Armandoquaky
08-09-2017,
Optimus, 3x 19" Dell's with one rotated 90 degrees. All mounts are adjustable vertically and have slim bezels (important). I also run 2 screens with the laptop in another room or if I want to work on the deck (easily portable).

go to elitetrader.com and do a search for "monitor". Also a good thread is "pictures of your trading stations".

Arimedun
08-11-2017,
Thanks for the link. I checked out the site but was wondering about prices. In the research completed the last 30 minutes, I found that you can run a 19" widescreen x 3 Monitor and pay half the cost of the one on the link you posted if you buy your own mount and install yourself. Microsoft XP allows for multi-monitor setups.

Its more convenient to buy the "pre-fabbed" multi screen monitor, but buying the components separately still saves a good chunk of change.

Samsung SyncMaster 920NW 19" LCD Monitor = $187 X 3 = $561
Triple mount, with 2-link extension 20.5" = $330

Total Cost $891 (not including tax and shipping - amazon has free shipping and no tax)