PDA

View Full Version : RIMM -- is it a short?

Abadanawhest
07-27-2017,
RIMM looks to be getting reading for for a roller coaster ride. Pull it up in yahoo and look at the news from lunch time today. A judge just ruled that the agreement they had to pay off the patent infringements is null. That agreement was for about $450 million. Now they are saying the payout could be as much as 3 times that amout and the 3.5 million subscribers may loose service if an injunction is put in place. Either way they look to be up the creek. What's the consensus? 8O

AaleCon
07-28-2017,
you wont find to many bears here. all these guys around here are up cramers butt so far they can tell you what his stomach acid tastes like :lol: i think me, piestetic and booyahoo are the only ones who diversify our trading methods... secondly rimm, oh yes it looks candid for me to do a strangle on, i was watching a program tonight that had said the same stuff you mentioned. they may be levered to some easment to that judgement. how it unfolds will be the key and that is why i say strangle it. ntp could do anything at this point... i cant really give a technical thesis on it cause news trumps technicals, but this not good for rimm. i am going to look into a strangle position in the am. the nice thing about a strangle is more times than many i have made money in both directions. example you say? sure here is one... as some bone head thinks over on the appl thread, i am at a loss on appl puts. little did he know i did a stradle at 60 and purchased 70 calls and made some cash while maintaining my short position. then with the profits from that i sold the puts for january and swaped them for a leap. i walked away with a position still active and profits. so he can just kiss my tail and go get a pick from lying cramer. :lol: some times it is not what you trade, it is how you trade it. cramer dont teach that.

aaaapolon
07-30-2017,
I haven't read this thread because I have no interest in shorting stocks, or options, or, for that matter, jacobnbr1's replies. You may have already shorted RIMM, and even made a little money, but I thought I would post another opinion to make the perspective fair and balanced. I won't presume to insinuate that Robert Walberg is as expert as jacobnbr1 and his two esteemed coleagues, but here is his take.