PDA

View Full Version : Converting your Car to run on Natural Gas

Anton92E87
07-30-2017,
Fuel Solutions (FSYS) is doing this in Brazil and Europe. I have a feeling this is going to catch on here in the states as this is the most economical way to rid yourself of gasoline's high prices. It is the best way because the coversion is cheap, and adding a natural gas pump to an already existing gas station is not that hard. FSYS is going to made a PCX like run here and become a $100 stock soon with such a low float and the fast revenue and eps growth they are showing. I just read where Louis Naviller added this company to his Quantum Growth fund which I am surprised because this is really an undiscovered company.

Anthonyzot
07-30-2017,
How much does it actually cost to do that to your car??

The problems all the hybrids have is that if you do the calculation, it takes 3-10 years (depending on model and how much you drive) to actually make back the difference in the initial price of the car, even with gas at $4-$5. So you've got to really "believe" in your carbon footprint to care. How different is this? Will people really do it? Where are the nat.gas. filling stations (are they in google maps yet?)?

Anthonypt
08-01-2017,
I guess it all has to do with the cost of conversion, which from every article i've read is expensive.

in addition, this isnt the only company doing this - several car companies have nat gas vehicles, and honda and audi also have patented conversion tech.

Anthonyfamy
08-02-2017,
Here is a link to the company website. They are not big in the US yet as they are only converting forklifts and equipment, however they are pretty big in South America and Europe as the cost of conversion is not that expensive and they do have the infrastructure there than in the U.S.

AnthonyJette
08-03-2017,
If you don't have the infrastucture to support any new alternative it won't work. The only thing that will work instantly is fully electric plug-in cars because everyone has electricity in their house. Also you have electrical outlets in your garage. Most people do NOT have a gas line going to their garage. So either bring the line out from the kitchen or bring the car next to the stove :?