PDA

View Full Version : Opportunity in the japanese market?

Agerbuff
07-31-2017,
imo... playing the nikkei is a bit late..

if i were to be outside of the US, id look to play the BRIC markets

AfudDaple
08-01-2017,
I'm with ya and like EWZ a lot. You've got India and China using more and more resources and Brazil and Russia supplying them. It's a nice logical trade pattern that should lead to more profits.

Affmonitor2017
08-02-2017,
another way to play the BRIC is find out if youre brokers allow you to buy BRIC currency baskets

ive purchased sizeable chunks in the past that have done extremely well and most of them back then had very sizeable gains, usually 9-12 months maturity, and low cash requirements

in 2006, i had some that were principal protected that returned about 10%
in 2007, i had some that were also principal protected and returned 20%

Adussellkap
08-02-2017,
the bric currency baskets are managed so you dont have to even think about them...

as for FXY...if youre looking to hold it for the next 12 months... i think its a great idea.. i wouldnt be surprised if it broke $100 and keeps going to $120

for me its a slow mover though and not really my cup of tea.. for similar gains and being principal protected, id go for the bric currency baskets i mentioned

aexeniciey
08-03-2017,
Call your Merrill Lynch broker, ask him about SIV's (Structured Investment Vehicles) or PPN's (Principal Protected Notes). You can get currency baskets that have 3 to 1 upside leverage with a cap with 1 to 1 downside, or 1 to 1 upside with principal protection.