PDA

View Full Version : Defense/Aerospace

Anthonytype
07-23-2017,
What are everyones favorite picks in this sector? Do you agree the sector still has a lot of potential upside for a couple years?

I am starting a fresh portfolio and I very much would like to have a position in this sector. I am looking at the obvious candidates of course (Lockheed & Northrop), but I also very much like Precision Castparts (PCP).

They are trading at 52 week highs and report on 5/9 so i'm not sure if not is the best time to get in or not, however their earnings/growth/fundamentals look great.

Anyone else take(taking?) the plunge on this stock? Would you rather just stay with the big names?

ARTWevy
07-23-2017,
A small cap play that has given me stellar returns over the past 6 months is Armor Holdings - AH

Armor manufactures ballistic and blast protection armoring systems for various military ground vehicles.

arupictb11
07-24-2017,
Looks like you chose very well with AH. Another big move. I got into PCP expecting earnings to continue rising, we'll find out soon as they report on Wednesday!

Artisankaj
07-25-2017,
My favorites are UIC and AVAV, two companies that make Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs). Besides military use, these will eventually be used for other purposes such as traffic monitoring.

admin
07-26-2017,
I was deciding between NOC and LMT and went with LMT @ 96.60. This war looks to be going on for 2 more years at least. LMT has better name id that NOC. Both are good companies and have had good roi and roc over the past few years.