PDA

View Full Version : Liking RAIL here

AaleCon
07-21-2017,
They make railroad cars. The existing rolling stock is getting old, the price of trucking is going up and rail is less fuel sensitive. Buffet is in the rail companies, Soros just bought into RAIL. Technically coming off a bottom with excellent OBV, Breaking through 9mma looking at next resistance at 48.50 (which would be up 3% from here).
Just took the profits from WINN and put them here. Good luck to all who play it.

A45T
07-22-2017,
I like the pure domestic rail play of RAIL. Railroad cars only represent a fraction of the TRN business, and I am not as bullish on their other divisions.
RAIL being up into a down market is attractive here as well.
WAB is a good play in the sector as well, but skewed away from the cars to motive and subsystems.

9dRWFpl2Yf
07-22-2017,
Got in at 46.97...

I too believe that the fundies and TA are strong. The balance sheet shows a favorable increase in net receivables and total assests. The income statement is solid with both income before and after taxes increasing annually. EPS and Sales growth numbers are both extremely positive for this industry. Finally the P/E is very low and the dividends doubled in the last offering.

Great job on WINN.

4TYWuykOEz
07-24-2017,
If I were to buy Construction Services Industry I would pick JEC rather than TRN. IMO...

JEC recently split at 89-90 and now is back up to 53-54.

Specific to a railcar swing trade RAIL will work nicely.

1SNl47gxHs
07-25-2017,
I have trolled this site for a few months and greatly value Aiki's picks. But, I think RAIL may not bethe best stock in this sector. Railways have been getting a lot of press this year, giant gains in the rail stocks, Alternative to expensive trucking, Berkshire, Cramer, etc... Through all this AND an amazing bull run we are having, the stock is down?! I wont try to fight the current on this one despite your amazing past performances Aiki.

admin
07-26-2017,
My .02 ; RAIL was down as CL got to the 66 area, and naturally is up today since CL is down, but not as much as mainstream media would have you believe since they were quoting the expiring June contract all day. Inventory report seems to have been priced in if it is bearish, but those analysts have a knack for being wrong and any surprise drawdowns at all should send CL & RBOB soaring, and if so I would guess that RAIL reverses direction again. My guess is that I could hold my breath waiting for the next refinery breakdown.