PDA

View Full Version : AAPL - earnings, after hours fun

AgrikGex
07-20-2017,
went all in on Apple, suprisingly not even with the knowledge of earnings coming up, but just because I was struggling in my small/mid-cap ventures and wanted to get into a lower risk investment for a few weeks while I worked on developing my strategy more. I averaged slightly higher than I would have hoped, at 137.91. In any case, it's looking like any dollar or two I could have picked up with better timing may be dwarfed by what went on in after hours today and what will hopefully continue in pre and normal market hours tomorrow. Due to the drop 2 days ago that possibly brought in some shorters, we also may see a short squeeze with this jump to boost it even more.

Up 9.41% to 150.18 in AH on a great earnings report

Albertsmact
07-21-2017,
I watched the b/a on aapl during the earnings release, very interesting as it initially dropped a dollar to 136 with heavy volume, then after a few people were shaken out it shot up to 150 pretty quick and stayed around that area for quite a bit...I would have sold right then, 10% pop in earnings and able to sleep just fine...I'd take it and buy it back on a dip if I still wanted it. I like taking profits quickly in this era of volatility we seem to be entering now. Nothing wrong with doing it your way, it's whatever works for each of us individually. Congrats on a nice trade though.

AlbertNek
07-22-2017,
Ya, I'll still have pretty tight stop losses set to ensure I keep a lot of profits. Not going to immediately cash in though as it could still have a lot of room to run tomorrow at least.

AlbertBit
07-23-2017,
Headed way down since late morning. I put in a stop loss after my second trade this morning at 145.3 and went to the gym. I still made close to 7% even with that small loss, so things could be much worse. My final records for the past 2 days:

Buy 137.91
Sell 145.00

Buy 143.38
Sell 146.95

Buy 146.65
Sell 145.30

Maybe a nice dip today/tomorrow before a huge market rally to buy back in on. Either that or the bears could be taking us for a run .

admin
07-24-2017,
I got out of all my stocks yesterday and bought AAPL (I also had no idea earnings were comming out yesterday), you can imagine how I'm feeling this morning http://onlinetradersforum.com/styles/default/xenforo/clear.png