PDA

View Full Version : Bad Lightning Round experience as caller

ArlenN6058
07-17-2017,
I called into CNBC around 3:30 pm one day last week. After the long disclaimer a nice gal took my call and asked my stock. I wanted his opinion on BEZ but she said it had too low of a volume so I went with another stock I have CCK. She said fine. 50 minutes later a guy comes on and tells me to get ready to talk for Lightning Round and then the guy cuts me off and disconnects. Maybe he just screwed up??? Is there any trick or time to successfully call in and get on the show for a Lightning Round?

ariuqloqo
07-19-2017,
Take heart, umassjsp, exactly the same thing happened to me on Thursday. The female screener is exceedingly nice and encouraging, you wait on the phone for and then you get disconnected by a male screener after being told that you would be next. In my case I heard two quick "Mad Money what's your name? Mad Money what's your name" and then the harsh click of the disconnect. Do not despair; instead, give it another try. The screener who cut me off claimed that I had gotten on the line too late to get on, but I still wonder how that could be so considering he was telling me I was "up next."

ArianaSok
07-20-2017,
I called in again on Friday, around 12:35 PDT (the screener who cut me off said to call in around 12:45/3:45 EST). I spoke to the great female screener again and told her who I was, letting her know I spoke to her before and that I was disconnected the other day. I don't think I did anything that differently from the previous attempt, but this time she assured me I'd be near the top of the calls. Happily, I got on as the eleventh caller. So definitely try again; call in around that time and you will very likely succeed. You called in early the last time, so I don't know why you didn't get in. It's possible that Jim wanted to select other stocks over yours that day, but that's just my conjecture based on our similar experiences. If the female screener knows your attempt failed the previous time, I think she can do more to assure you'll be picked on the successive attempt. Now when you get on with Jim, his voice is pretty low (probably for caller safety in the event of a bad stock pick :lolhttp://onlinetradersforum.com/styles/default/xenforo/clear.png, so you're going to have to jump right in when you hear him and just go with it. Remember to speak clearly, with the telephone receiver near your mouth, and pause so he can give a quick response to your praise. Best of luck. http://onlinetradersforum.com/styles/default/xenforo/clear.png

Archiezes
07-21-2017,
If I want to buy a stock, I don't want to advertise it. If I don't, then why bother calling in? If I don't know what to do, then maybe I shouldn't have it in the first place. lol That's just my take on it, the Lightening Round callers are good entertainment, though... love all those enthusiastic boo yahs, my husband and I laugh a lot at some of them, we really get a kick out of it! I've gotten some good ideas from them, too. http://onlinetradersforum.com/styles/default/xenforo/clear.png