PDA

View Full Version : My picks for the month of april!

Climatart
07-09-2017,
TXLA - everyone's got to have a speculative oil play! Aledgedly some news out in the next week or so and will probably run above $2 before that and maybe up to $3 after that. Could get as high as $5 if things get really crazy!

SUF - very oversold, very good company which I've mentioned here many times (from about the $6.50 level). It's comeback has already started and it's threatening $9 this week. Ultimately will return to $19 range but that will take more than just the new Korean deal. Who knows when that next deal will happen but the company has fantastic management therefore I believe it will be sometime in the next few months. (Maybe more of a pick for the year than just for april!)

VPHM - similar chart to SUF and similarly hugely oversold - albeit I'm not confident of the company's real quality. This is a speculative biotech play. Market always overeacts to everything associated with these - both to the downside and the upside. VPHM has seen both in recent months. It's time for an upside overeaction to get this stock back in the $20 range - although $17 is more realistic for this month.

CliftoncheRa
07-10-2017,
LVCP - speculative solar/alternative energy play that is largely undiscovered. Next week probably won't be great for this company but it is embarking on a "european tour" which is promising to bring in much investment there. If you like XSNX and ESCL, you should like this company too. (Although ESCL needs a good hard pullback sometime soon!). Target for the month: $15

SIOR - already has contracts to build pipelines in Colorado and is really a very long term but actually, I don't feel, very specualtive stock. It is very underpriced here and could be $2 in the short-term and anything from $5 to $15 in the next 6-12 months. Target for the month: $2, but could be much higher.

ClaritaMar
07-13-2017,
CWPC - taking a breather after it's barn-storming run of a couple of weeks ago but one of the few oil plays to not go down on a not-so-good day for oil on friday. This could be huge. Not sure it'll run much above $8 this week but that depends on what news they put out about their drilling. The easy money has been made in many big oil plays even if/when oil continues to go up in price but here is a company just embarking on it's oil adventure and could be huge in the future: eg. a $30-$50 in many months/years to come. Target for the month: $10

Do your DD and I hope you enjoy good luck in the month of april!

ClayWillif
07-13-2017,
You know - I wanted to buy back in already (7.40 was the gap down and the opportunity to buy - even if it went lower) but I don't have any available cash as I'm stretched across everything else in that list! I think you'd be happy buying in anytime, in the long run, but if you just want to flip it, then I think you'll get another shot at 7.70. A really bad day for oil this month might bring it lower but it held up when most things didn't on friday.

admin
07-14-2017,
Good picks, good analysis. VPHM is volitile as you said but everything else looks like a solid choice if the market doesn't tank. The market is so interest rate sensitive that I feel the Fed can really do a number on this market with a couple more hikes.