PDA

View Full Version : Chicago cop gets severely beaten unconsciously, refusing to use her gun

Danielsi
06-29-2017,

DanielMl
07-01-2017,
Huff, 28, of Maywood, was ordered held without bail Friday after Cook County prosecutors detailed how he left two officers with concussions and other injuries. The second officer had twice used a Taser on Huff, prosecutors said.Court records show that Huff was out on bail Wednesday after appearing in court for an alleged attack in April on a Forest Park officer who had stopped him for running a stop sign. Huff allegedly drove off, crashed into a car and tried to flee on foot. When the officer caught him, Huff pushed him to the ground, injuring the officer's shoulder and right knee, said Forest Park Police Chief Tom Aftanas.
In court Friday for the latest alleged attack, prosecutors said Huff repeatedly slammed the female officer's head onto concrete pavement until she lost consciousness and pulled chunks of hair from her head. The officer, a 17-year veteran, also suffered bone chips to the shoulder and wrist, a neck injury, and bruises and abrasions, prosecutors said.
The second officer also suffered a concussion, a broken right thumb, a torn quadriceps muscle, cuts and bruises, according to prosecutors

DanielGeS
07-03-2017,
Huff's face appeared swollen and his right eye was black and nearly swollen shut. His arrest records indicate he is a reputed Gangster Disciples gang member, but his attorney said he graduated from cosmetology school and worked full time as a janitor and overnight at a chocolate factory."
Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson "spoke of what the female officer had told him at the hospital.
"She looked at me and said she thought she was gonna die, and she knew that she should shoot this guy, but she chose not to because she didn't want her family or the department to go through the scrutiny the next day on national news," he said.

DaisyConne
07-04-2017,
I thought it was interesting. A police officer could've been killed because of a complete scumbag's actions. She decides not to protect her life in fear of public backlash. This is almost the opposite of the typical cop shoots unarmed man situation we see. Would there have been backlash if she had shot him? Was she right to not use her gun? It is certainly an interesting effect from this entire police situation.

CT31
07-04-2017,
I don't see where it's so hard to grasp. If the situation calls for lethal force, then by all means shoot. If it [the confrontation] can be circumvented without such measures, then don't.
I realize this approach, while pragmatic, can get a bit hazy in the heat of the moment, but that's another discussion for another time.