PDA

View Full Version : First Solar, Inc. (NASDAQ:FSLR)

DanielPaw
06-28-2017,
First Solar stock price has been moving in a small consolidation range and is now close to the $47 resistance level. ADX is beginning to move up again and this coincides with the gain in momentum. MACD indicator has moved above its signal line and stochastic chart is still in bullish territory. The short-term uptrend is intact and signals further bullishness on this stock. Buy the stock in dips with tight stop-loss at $40. The stock is a short squeeze candidate.

DanielKit
06-29-2017,
I work in the Electric Utility Arena.. I primarily focus on the Substation Side of the business, but also work a bit in the Generation Side..

I have supplied Substation Components to several Large scale 50Mega Watt Solar facility's in the past...

Full Disclosure statement: I have never bought or sold a Solar Panel in my LIfe... Its not my arena... I play in the substation, Transformers, Switchgear, Cable etc...

diegoCib
06-30-2017,
This is what I know about panels... China has the cheapist panels on the market... The Return on investment/profitability of Large Scale Solar projects, dictates the Lowest Cost Panels money can buy...

Therefore.. If you are going to invest in any Solar Panel company... Focus on China, then the cheapest ones that China Produces...

Which is why the America Solar Panel Companies are going out of business... Solyndra??? Alot of others are on the ropes...

If Washington DC imposes Taxs, due to Dumping Violations, then you will have a game changer... Until then... China Rules.

DancerJar
06-30-2017,
Surprised this thread has been dead with FSLR trying to make a comeback. I've mentioned several setups on FSLR in my daily watchlists and we've played it in the chat room a few times over the past few months. BUT NOW .... THE MOTHERLOAD! Ascending Triangle chart setup (my favorite pattern) with a 46% short float! Talk about a major imminent short squeeze if/when it breaks out and buyers start to take it higher. Just watch the covering hand over fist. Would not be surprised to see it run 5-10 bucks in a single day IF the short float number on finviz.com is accurate. MUST BREAK 26. Has room to at least 30, and could see a lot more if the short squeeze becomes a factor.

admin
07-01-2017,
ETA: If you kids want to play this one, be careful. It can drop fast. Imagine if you had bought it at $46 back in Feb when this thread started. Of course, if you had followed the OP's advice you would have been out at $40 but still...this one can drop fast. Let me repeat that...this one can drop fast.

ETA to my ETA: I went long on FSLR back on 11/28 at $27.07. I am more conservative than most and waited for the stock to break $27. I don't think we are at a good entry point right now. However, if it breaks $30 and can close above that level, then Katy bar the door. Buy it at a close above $30 with a $27 stop. Only after doing your own due diligence, of course.

dhzjkdfs87
07-01-2017,
Patience is not exactly my strong suite but I am working on it. Instead of selling I should have set a stop to lock in a reasonable profit. If I had done that, and I did consider it, my stop wouldn't have been hit and I would still be making money. What I did do yesterday was sell a 25 Dec Put for $.30. Might as well continue to make money on FSLR as long as it wants to trend up.