PDA

View Full Version : I am mentally Smoked!!

Charleslype
06-27-2017,
WTF is this all about? Craziest things I think I have ever seen.

Hey Net, Aiki, Tony, Hedge, China, English, CompRaces...all you folks.

Have you ever seen a series of these days (the last week) like this? I don't recall 99, 00, or 03 having this kind of insane swings on NOTHING?

ciswjtbn23
06-27-2017,
OK, gathered composure. All is well.

No intra day trades today, but this swing pushed the limits on a couple long termers.

Flight to safety did me very well, but a couple of long term specs were tested thoroughly!

Say "goodnight Gracie" to MVIS and I lost my long, steadily built position in AAPL. Both sold at gains overall, but a massive loss of paper profits since yesterday.

Can't believe the "hope" rally came through for me. Damn! :?

Don't know about you guys, but I don't trade intra-day very well in these macro swings with fed speak, subprime, dollar whacking, bank write off etc.

ChrisSomething
06-28-2017,
I wasn't in the game back then Luc, but imo based on the tech bubble as a history guide the volatility gets larger and larger before the long sustained downtrend. I think this business with the dollar is going to be the real undoing of the country, real estate is 'real' and will never be worthless, paper with pretty green ink on the other hand....

If it weren't for the energy sector the markets wouldn't have gotten this far this year imo.

chonfilyclown
06-29-2017,
Just venting BB. I don't tend to blame....but strange things are going on from my perspective.

I had no opportunity to trade today...just as well.

But my limited view from the sidelines on my long term holds had me baffled......of the rally in the p.m. that is.

Christoper
06-30-2017,
I must say I have not seen anything like, nor can explain what I have watched this week... it truly leaves me stupefied8O and I hate that word!

Any losses I have suffered are still unrealized at this point as I have removed any stops I did have in place on all my solid longs; I refuse to be stopped out by this market wagging.

We will see if my stubborness affords me even greater losses or will allow me to vindicate myself and yell to the Street "You didn't shake me out this time you SOBs!!!"