PDA

View Full Version : Ag. stocks getting crushed again today.

Brandongus
06-26-2017,
I guess a lot of profit taking going on in that sector. Or else the bubble is bursting.

Just to note, the quotes from the link above are delayed 20 minutes.

Bretthic
06-26-2017,
thanks

might get the dip on DBA ive been waiting for.

prices for food etc are not going down.

breaking news today is walmart and costco are limiting the amount of rice a person can buy!

in America !

BrendaPaf
06-27-2017,
We buy rice at Costco. It comes in 10 to 25 lb sacks. Limiting sales there is not really the same as 'rationing'. This is just to prevent hoarding craziness.

Haven't checked the Costco price lately. I'll bet the days of rice at 50-cents a pound are over, though.

BQQDawn870
06-28-2017,
Genius - herds of people who think that as rice hits it's highest point, that's the time to buy more! :sheep:
I mean, how much can people spend on rice in a year anyway - like $100?!

I held DBA from august to feb - it was great! But this is a classic sign of a bubble; when everyone starts talking about. No wonder the ag stocks are down today. This is done.

ECB and BoE will start lowering rates within a couple of weeks, dollar will turn around, commodities prices crash as speculators pull out - sometime in the fall after the corn price spikes this summer. Wheat and soy are 10% off already.

admin
06-29-2017,
"Load up the pantry," says Manu Daftary, one of Wall Street's top investors and the manager of the Quaker Strategic Growth mutual fund. "I think prices are going higher. People are too complacent. They think it isn't going to happen here. But I don't know how the food companies can absorb higher costs."............

And some prices are rising even more quickly. The latest data show cereal prices rising by more than 8% a year. Both flour and rice are up more than 13%. Milk, cheese, bananas and even peanut butter: They're all up by more than 10%. Eggs have rocketed up 30% in a year. Ground beef prices are up 4.8% and chicken by 5.4%.

These are trends that have been in place for some time.

And if you are hoping they will pass, here's the bad news: They may actually accelerate.

The reason? The prices of many underlying raw materials have risen much more quickly still. Wheat prices, for example, have roughly tripled in the past three years..............