PDA

View Full Version : Full Time Trading

bnlnhpuy99
06-24-2017,
Hi everyone, maybe this is the wrong place to ask but ive been trading options a while now and doing ok, though i want and need to trade full time, how did you guys that do, make the transition to full time. As it is i work for myself so can 'pop in' from time to time to trade but as you can summise its hard to focus when you cant give the screen proper attention.... any ideas or experiences that can help?
thanks in advance

BLHGudrun4
06-26-2017,
Hi
I trade ftse index options intraday, just basic buy and sell puts and calls, i work in property maintenance on my own so the phone is always ringing and i am out doing jobs, though my passion is for trading, 'doing ok' means i catch a few points here and there, but due to constantly having to leave the house i cant get the bigger moves and be out the market by the end of the day.... no overnight holds!! hope this clarifies it a bit.

bkkazyjg11
06-27-2017,
Hi, thanks for the response, i have been trading for a few years by telephone broker and found that for intraday moves the comms were killing chances of profit, so i am now using direct access which has transformed everything. Comms are acceptable and fills very quick, problem is, because im very busy in my job i rarely get more than half an hour at a time online so i seem to miss alot of moves i would normally take had i been there watching.

bjdxqkcd58
06-29-2017,
personally I'd suggest binning your concerns about holding positions overnight, keep the day job and switch to weekly/daily charts and longer term trades. just a thought ....