PDA

View Full Version : Strong Buy on Walgreens - Anybody With Me?

CelinaGior
06-24-2017,
Guys,

I bought heavy on Walgreens last week. I like it a lot and even used margin........something I dont like to do. Anyone else on board with me? As with all my purchases I'm interested in long term - 5 years to forever is my goal.

Christoper
06-25-2017,
You might be on to something here if you are serious about a true long-term investment. But I am just curious as to your rational for buying some good old WAG? PE seems in-line, Revenue was up year over year, opened a few more stores, assets and liabilities remained about the same. Cash Flow was down, and net earnings were down; while EPS only beat last years EPS because they have less shares outstanding now. The company does expect to grow EPS 10% over next 5 years though; and the dividend is modest but decent if you can afford enough shares. This seems like great investment if you are getting close to retirement or don't like much risk. Those are just my thoughts, but do you care to explain why you decided to buy some WAG?

cikewulohm
06-25-2017,
BT, You have basically laid it out very well with what you said in your post. If one was to reverse engineer your post, they would hit a number of the bullet points.

CharLIpa
06-27-2017,
I bought some Walgreens few months back and I still have them in my portfolio. I am not planning to hold them for very long though, so am looking for good exit point.

admin
06-28-2017,
So how do you decide what your exit point is?
I'll sell mine as well when it is far overvalued................its going to take a while RatPower