PDA

View Full Version : TSCM- Any Thoughts?

AstralgovaRove
06-23-2017,
I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts they would like to share about TSCM. With Cramers growingTV/radio exposure and constant mention of thestreet.com on these appearances, it makes me curious about the potential of this stock.

AruceAntet
06-24-2017,
Well, I mentioned it because I started listening and keeping track of how many stocks Cramer mentiones more than once per segment.
I was really surprised at how often he mentions thestreet.com per show, and thought that was curious abouthow many people log on to the site after seeing him. I understand his involvment with the company, but was also thinking that subscriptions might be way up since he has had so much exposure these days. And at under $5.00 I thought it was worth asking you all about.

AsiaimPr
06-25-2017,
TSCM had a profitable quarter and are beneficiaries of the secular uptrend in online advertising. They are obviously levered to Cramer's popularity. TSCM spiked the day after Cramer appeared on 60 Minutes. It spiked today after the MadMoney Main Event.

I see 2 factors at play here. First is the Mad Money emotional traders driving the stock up everytime Cramer makes a high rating TV appearance. It's a buy-it-because-he-mentioned-it kind of phenomenon. I'm long TSCM from $4, so I'll take the gains hapilly, even though I fear that rises like that are suspect. It's like the people who buy Cramer's first stock the second he mentions it on the 6pm airing of Mad Money. It can be a profitable game, but it's not the game for me.

Arrgincey
06-26-2017,
My hope, and we'll see if this plays out, is that Cramer's popularity actually adds to the TSCM's bottom line. I hope that his popularity is actually driving subscriptions to RealMoney.com, ActionAlertsPlus.com, and the other subcription services at TSCM, and that his popularity is driving eyeballs to the sites, which are translating into paid advertising clicks.

As I said, either way I'm happy if it goes up. My target is $6. If I get the sense that Cramer's popularity is actually driving revenues to TSCM, I'll hold. If it seems that his popularity is just getting people excited about the stock, I'll look to take profits at my target.

admin
06-27-2017,
The reason I ask is because I asked our son, who is very patiently trying to help me understand the stock market, what he would like for Christmas this year and he said he would like me to take the money I would usually spend on a gift for him and pick a stock for his personal portfolio, using the skills I have learned so far. These are meager skills at best because Iâ?‚??„?m only 1/3 through Cramerâ?‚??„?s book- I keep having to go back and re-read over and over.
I thought of TSCM because itâ?‚??„?s the closest thing to buying stock in Cramer himself I could think of. I thought if Cramer himself were a chart it would be an awesome chart. I think he is the hottest commodity on CNBC at the moment and would not be surprised to see him with a network show within the year. Plus, he markets himself well and mentions his company often. In choosing it I tried to understand my first balance sheet.
Anyway, I bought both of us shares at $4.93 so will see what happens.