PDA

View Full Version : Still a good play?

ABPjypaKHB
06-22-2017,
Hey guys new to the board here, I've been around for a little bit, but never had a need to post so here's my first one.

Do you guys still think that energy, natural gas is still a good play or am I too late? I was thinking either CHK or ECA, Chessapeek or Encana?

abawasep33
06-24-2017,
ersonally, I think you're too late for oil/gas, stock prices are probably gonna go down, especially because KAtrina's gone with LAbor Day weekend. Nows a good time to stay away from gas/oil

AbeMckeeve
06-25-2017,
Even with the colder season upon us, still don't think natural gas is a good play? With the price increases I would think it would be a nice time to buy in, or at least wait a little for them to scale back then buy in.

I'd love to start a debate about this. :lol:

A6biZMSytQ
06-25-2017,
I think natural gas is still a good play, it's not going down in price as much as oil is and the heating season has yet to arrive. Many of the new homes that were just built use nat gas for heating, too. My pick is CHK.

In oil, I would watch for dips in oil service stocks, either those who specialize in repair, deep water drilling or else refineries. Don't buy on the recent highs, they tend to fluctuate quite a bit and there was a big run up, last week.

admin
06-27-2017,
If you like energy, try researching Deer Creek energy. I've heard through the grapevine good things... I also like there web site. It has very good info on whats going on.
Also I've had good luck with Talisman and Suncor and Ecana. Of course I bought awhile ago, when they were cheaper.

1SNl47gxHs
06-27-2017,
I agree with CHK; bought that a few months ago. It blew up with the oil craze... I just worry that with a pullback of oil, it might drop too because people lump it in with that sector (despite the nat gas issue).

Anyone get a look at CSCO today? Damn! I had a limit order that it opened above. 18.2 now. I'm thinking of waiting for another pullback now...