PDA

View Full Version : s there a good momentum type stock advisory service?

aijorpidadf
06-21-2017,
Can anyone receommend if there is a good stock advisory letter/service that uses a momentum/relative strength type of methodology? Investor's Business Daily newspaper/William O'Neal comes to mind. But I was wondering if there is a newsletter out there that is based on momentum stock picking.
Thanks

akigurulo
06-22-2017,
Hottrends on the Dow Jones Plus newswire is great but it only comes over at 12:30 and 3 and the news wire is a corporate service and costs plenty. You may be able to get it as an individual by calling Dow Jones Newswire at 800-223-2274 but expect to pay over $100/month.
If you use Tradestation or TerraNova or Thompson it is included but you may need to buy some premium services inside the platforms to receive it.

AlbertDumb
06-24-2017,
rain man, before your panties get wedged too deep, try the following link for some initial reserach.

(http://www.google.com)

After sifting through the 100's of ads, pick a few and then bring them to the table. Just a thought...unless you are going to rely on a forum to push you in the right direction.

Albertsmact
06-25-2017,
I can always count on an intelligent and coherent response from you and I thank you.

I continue to glean from many on this forum. Thanks again!

To the newbs (whether noob at posting or to trading), spend the upfront time reading the archives. You may likely have the majority of your "general" questions answered.

Understand that patience is not always close at hand or displayed in the intial response.

If you shy from a response on a thread.....wait till you drop real money into the real machine.....psychological squeezing is a joy to endure.

Alexacex
06-25-2017,
Newsletter may be a bit slow.

Do you use any intra-day or EOD screening programs?

NASDAQ heat map before market open can be a good source.

Marketwatch screens as well as any of the quality platforms (TS/E-signal/Scott/TD etc.) have momentum based screeners.

admin
06-26-2017,
I'm the first to say you have to spend to in order to profit, but newsletters are pretty pricey and you do not get any insight to the trade. Just a recommendation. T

his may be fine for long term, but it is proven everyday that blind "following" will prove negative overall results longer term. If there is any merrit to these systems, why are they not trading it?

The usuall response to that question is :

"I just want to give back (guilt).

"I want to kelp those new and struggling".

Kind of makes you go hmmmmm....

Any thoughts on those selling "systems" instead of trading them?