PDA

View Full Version : Zombie Zone Trading

ChanteGraz
02-21-2017,
I named this journal Zombie Zone because of the mindset I enter into to trade. Like a zombie, I am hungry and focused. I trade emotionless and methodical.
I have hopped around to different strategies and burned up accounts in the process. The past 60 days I have been focused on learning and sticking with one strategy. Finally I am seeing consistent success. I'm still learning, but I have overcome my mental blocks and have dedicated myself to reaching realistic trading goals.

Charlesexavy
02-21-2017,
My strategy is on the 5 minute chart. I use 3 indicators. An EMA set at 6, RSI set at 2, and the Williams %R set at 14. The RSI and %R are overlapping each other in the same window. I watch for the %R to start to cross the -50 line for a potential trade set up. Next I look for the current candle to be closing across the other side of the 6 EMA. Then I look for S/R levels. I make sure the RSI is above the %R for a buy trade, and below the %R foe a sell trade. Last, I usually wait for the final minute of a candle close to enter the trade. I like to have just under 6 minutes, so that the option expires at the close of the next candle.
I will start posting screen shots and commentary on Tuesday. I enjoy posting in a journal. I find it keeps me in a "business" type mindset. I am held accountable to the world to make sensible trades.

CharlesNeode
02-23-2017,
Like a zombie, I am hungry and focused. I trade emotionless and methodical." Hehe love it! Look forward to reading more!

CharlesRhymn
02-23-2017,
I was all fired up to start off this journal with winning trades. Well, the market had other plans. I realize losses are part of the process, but I just wasn't ready for them today. Like an annoying relative, they came a knocking today. After 9 consecutive trades without a OTM, these 2 losses were bound to hit me. I just took a deep breath, watched Bloomberg for 30 seconds, and got back at it. I found an ITM to end my session before I headed off to work. It's not always easy to push your emotions aside. That is why it is vital to read a trading book, or watch a trading psychology video on youtube to keep your mind in the right state, at least 10 mins of positive input everyday.
Ok, now for the trades...

CharliPoid
02-25-2017,
Jul 23, 06:54:28 AUD/JPY 92.3580 Lower/Put 92.3980 Jul 23, 07:00:00 $10.00 81% $18.10 OTM / LOST

This one was ITM until the very last minute of the candle close. And the candle after that continued down in my predicted direction, as if to taunt me.