PDA

View Full Version : CCU 30 puts

Albertsmact
02-20-2017,
The volume on puts are huge! Just look at them! Their earnings are a day before options expire and i think this is a good call. I like to go where volume goes its almost always a sure shot. Even if you don't decide to purchase puts just keep an eye out for CCU.

Size Symbol Month Strike Type Time
30000 CCU FEB 30.0 P 12:46

Someone obviously knows something we don't. I think if someone brought 30,000 puts this is almost a sure shot.

Also Mu july 9 calls are looking attractive.

acipojesa
02-21-2017,
NIHD march 45 and 50 calls look very tempting and also have high volume.

abuaboyisonib
02-22-2017,
if youre thinking about playing these just becausebig trades went off, thats not avery good reason to go. normally when options out the money like that are being BOUGHT, it's simply because theyre cheap and the buyer is most likely gambling on the implied volatility going to statistical volatility

imo i dont think thats a smart way to play options, others might like it but i dont

Adbxbeu
02-23-2017,
as for the open interest and big orders, if you calculate, the orders arent that big... again the implied volatility on those are very low which is why they most likely chose to go with them. normally people expect big moves if you see ig orders going in - deep in the money 2-3 months out. most likely those out the money orders coudl also be naked sells. you see a lot of those within a couple of weeks before expiration as pure premium plays

going spot month or 1 month isnt too big of an indicator . what will normally give it away if someone knows something is if you see big orders goig in that are 3+ monts out and in the money by 3-6 strikes

adasowice
02-23-2017,
WSE, you're on a roll!

Nice explanation of how the interaction between implied volatility and statistical volatility can impact option volume. :top: