PDA

View Full Version : Facebook allocations - did anyone get any?

carteyroydw
01-10-2017,
I have an account with etrade. wonder if anyone who uses them or other brokers - did you get allocated any facebook shares? I called just after the cutoff earlier in the week and just wonder how much I left on the table (how much would I have likely been able to get)?

thanks!

CasimiraHi
01-11-2017,
No shares allocated.

CatsnamDok
01-13-2017,
TX; you got none, but asked for some?

Now that it's trading, it's consolation it wasn't a huge pop. Which makes me wonder if it will live up to the hype - with all the talk about FB FB FB, people aren't buying.

I remember the adage - if you are offered an IPO, you don't want it

seems true from my experience... and today?

CatfeftPari
01-14-2017,
No shares allocated and laughingly, Fidelity sends me the email 20 minutes after the IPO opened that shares have been allocated and go check. I guess they are only slightly unprepared.

cayrozbq
01-16-2017,
I think Facebook is going to be the biggest IPO disaster in history. Nobody clicks on the ads, the whole thing is just an upgraded Myspace, and the guy running it doesn't want anyone interfering with his "vision" - which by the way he stole from a couple of twin brothers.

I am not GM but I did try advertising on Facebook and it was a complete waste of money. In a couple of years people will look back and say "what was I thinking?" - it's the opposite of Google, which is cataloguing information, Facebook is about stealing it.