PDA

View Full Version : newbie help needed

exapivurezera
12-15-2016,
I was using the msn website to check some stocks and I was just wondering what was ask price and bid price, and which one do you have to pay to buy the stock. Thanks for your help.

exugocodul
12-16-2016,
When you buy you pay the bigger number, when you sell you get the lower number. Use limit orders and you won't pay more or sell for less than you want (if that price is reached).

eyacakipul
12-17-2016,
No disrespect. But if you don't know the basic Bid/Ask price you are not ready to trade stocks. You will lose your money real quick. I would recommend reading Toni Turner's books on short term trading. Her books are excellent and very inexpensive. Read it over this weekend so you get a better grasp of the trading game. Believe me, it's a haaaaaaaaaard game to play if you don't know the rules.

eyuizudutela
12-18-2016,
I agree with chartguru, you definitely have to know the rules. I'm a young investment professional and I'd like to get into options but I'm in the same position as you are in stocks. I'm going to paper trade for a while in options then get my feet wet once I get more comfortable.

You should check out my post on regarding new investors.

Go check out www.clearstation.com (http://www.clearstation.com) to paper trade stocks and read some investing books. Amazon has a great list of books for new investors.

esboefah
12-20-2016,
You dont have to buy a whole library of trading books. Just buy 2 of the:
Toni Turner's books. I found these in Amazon.com

1. Short-Term Trading in the New Stock Market -- by Toni Turner; Hardcover (Rate it)
Buy new: $16.47 -- Used & new from: $16.22
2. A Beginner's Guide to Short-Term Trading: How to Maximize Profits in 3 Days to 3 Weeks -- by Toni Turner; Paperback (Rate it)
Buy new: $10.85 -- Used & new from: $6.47
3. A Beginner's Guide To Day Trading Online -- by Toni Turner; Paperback (Rate it)
Buy new: $10.85 -- Used & new from: $6.35

And Stan Weinstein's "Secrets for Profiting in Bull and Bear Markets"
These are simple read. No complicated indicators and formulas. However, these books are for those interested in technical analysis. You will get a basic course on some indicators and on chinese candlestick reading.

The Guru has spoken