PDA

View Full Version : If you had 1000k to spend on a portfolio, what would you buy

ewelicusovaku
12-02-2016,
Kind of a spin on things for some of us trying to get into stocks, but don't have all the money to do it. One I cosidered was SIRI, but does not seem to move much.

ewuqecoleuuni
12-03-2016,
re:

I'd probably spend it on homes in Lousiana and rent them out.

exesekihizmu
12-04-2016,
Have you tried stockquest.com? You get to play with 100,000 virtual money. My kid has a portfolio there too. It's a great way to learn and experiment. I find the only good money makers are Canadian oil and mining and Cramers pick for QSII and OVEN. When Tim Horton's goes public I would love to sink in a wad of big cash!

eyfmeofh22
12-05-2016,
Put it in a mutual fund assuming you don't already have an existing portfolio. You should try paper trading on some of the many sites that allow you to create mock portfolio's that you can track on a daily basis.

Check out www.clearstation.com (http://www.clearstation.com)

eyyeprsi41
12-06-2016,
Buy an index fund (or I would). SPY or even better imo DVY which is the Dividend Rich stocks rolled up into an index fund. There are so many to choose from nowadays you can gain exposure in many stocks without costly fund charges. ETFs are our friends.