Thread: How to Boost Your Returns With ONE Secret ETF Strategy

Hybrid View

Default Weekly Market Review 201211

Bonds market finished the worst week since July 2011 right before the debt ceiling due; treasury sold off across the curve, the intermediate-term yields jumped over 20bps for the week as the market continued to show better-than-expected economic data. Where initial claims (351k vs. 355k est.) remained at its downtrend position and retail sales ex-autos (0.9% vs. 0.7% est.) continued to strengthen in February. Stocks rallied strongly as funds were out flowing from the fixed income side; equities' volume traded above average, first time since early January, for four consecutive sessions this week. Investors are focusing on the housing data next week which is another major economic recovery indicator.

Technical Highlights:
    ? Bonds slumped, stocks rallied; equities' volume strengthened as fixed income weakened.
    ? Equity benchmarks and their internal showed negative divergence as the percentage of stocks above 50day moving average weakened.
    ? Financial led market rally, offensive stocks outperformed S&P500.
    ? Materials and energy stocks showed strength based on historical forward returns.
    ? Treasury yield curve took off led by the intermediate-term rates; however, the longer term bonds may find support as rates are trading at their 200days moving average.

read more at...

Default Covered Call

Want to get some feedback from any options players in the forum.

Have you ever used the covered call to offset any down move in the stock you are holding? I have heard that using covered calls is best when you are expecting an intermediate move up. But I have not tried it myself, any tips?

Have you had any experience using the collar strategy?

Default A Weekly Look -- Week Ending 3/16

The dollar printed a daily cycle peak on Thursday, day 11.
    Friday saw the dollar form a swing high and broke the daily cycle trend line.

Default Coffee Holding Co., Inc. (NASDAQ:JVA)

This is probably one of the best acting stocks in the momentum. She's extended but no one seems to care. So, I'll be watching her carefully for any possible opportunities. The stock has two immediate support levels. One is at 13 and the next is at 12.43. Only a close below the 200-day moving average with volume, will change the trend.

Default FormFactor, Inc. (FORM)

Breaking out of a well-defined base on decent volume. Note $5.50 was resistance, now support. The MACD is still above the technical signal line. Also, the ADX chart has given some strength to this movement. Watch for follow-through next week.

Default Elan Corporation, plc (NYSE:ELN)

The stock broke out to new highs on Friday on 3x the daily avg. volume. There are some reasons to start taking an active look at this stock. The breakout has occured on strong volumes, an indication of some strength in the stock. The MACD and Stochastics are also on a strong positive zone. In addition, the OBV chart is showing some strong buy in this stock. However, for the stock to move from this level would be difficult as the RSI indicator is in the 70s. So there is a strong possibility here of the stock to correct back to probably 14.02 before moving higher again. Yesterday's movement was something that I have been waiting to see from this stock. I would wait for a pullback unless there is some strong buying happening in this segment. The stock has two immediate support levels. One is at 14.28 and the next is at 14.00-14.02.