I'm not a celiac but gluten doesn't do good things for my gut. Welcome to my club. Life seems like there is no point, right? What the F@@@ am I going to eat now, runs through your mind. At least it did mine. I too am a bread lover. One of the highlights of traveling in Europe last year was to sample the variety of local breads.

However, I am still alive and sorta used to it by now. My bad news came just before aforesaid trip to Europe. I made like I had not heard the news until returning.

DeBoles makes about the best gluten free, rice flour based, pasta. Amazon Grocery sells it in packs of 12 at a good price; much better than buying it 8 ounces at a time at Smith's. Trader Joe's has a brown rice pasta; try it, it is less expensive, but I didn't like it as much as DeBoles. We have a local Italian restaurant that does serve up some excellent gluten free meals including pasta. Paisano's for those here. in NM.

I use rice flour for sauces and gravies. It's a good thing I/we don't bake much though. Pamela's makes a superb gluten free brownie Mix. The Pamela's pancake mix is pretty good too; great with real maple syrup.

Vans makes some good gluten free frozen waffles that are gluten free. Also available at Whole foods, Smith's and natural grocers here. They go on sale often too.

After nearly a year of staying as far away from wheat and gluten as I can I find that the occasional real sandwich with a fine real Rye bread is not a problem.

How are you on dairy. I took a hit on that too. Crap! I really felt my world had ended. There is an excellent dairy free cheese though. Look for Daiya. It only comes grated but is very good. Cheddar, mozzarella and jack types.

I have not met a gluten free bread that pleased me. I don't think there is any such thing, but I should not be so gloomy. Try Udi's. Our Smith's carries it as does Whole Foods. I don't eat bread anymore for the most part.