Thread: Best online brokers

Lephaveveft

Default Best online brokers

I did search, and i found some stuff, but i own Scottrade now, and the 7$ commisions kill profits, im investing with smaller amounts but I will be very active. I heard Interactive Brokers is good with low commission...any other suggestions, also how does everyone like IB?
    Thanks
    Chris

one more thing, what does it mean when you guys say its more of a software program, or something like that...you guys said it is different than say scottrade, etrade and ameritrade???
    lethavq60

www.tradeking.com
    has no min balance and commission is $4.95 for the shares above $2.00
    IB is good but the min balance is atleast $2000 commission wise it is one of the cheapest out there.
    lifeselector

mlegha1 said:
    www.tradeking.com
    has no min balance and commission is $4.95 for the shares above $2.00
    IB is good but the min balance is atleast $2000 commission wise it is one of the cheapest out there.

so all i need is 2000 in there and im good to go? is there any catch that i will see problems with...it seems too good to be true (cheapness wise) thanks for the help
    LindaRanfo

clavocat said:
    so all i need is 2000 in there and im good to go? is there any catch that i will see problems with...it seems too good to be true (cheapness wise) thanks for the help
    There's no "catch" that I know of at IB..

$2000 to start, and you're in.. I've used it for years and I swear by it

there is a $10 minimum monthly "fee" that is waved if you do $10/month (or more) in commissions.
    lizazm11

Bman409 said:
    There's no "catch" that I know of at IB..

$2000 to start, and you're in.. I've used it for years and I swear by it

there is a $10 minimum monthly "fee" that is waved if you do $10/month (or more) in commissions.

and what's even better.. it is almost NEVER "down" (ie, inaccessible)

I can think of only 1 or 2 times in the past 2 years and even then, it was for like an hour